04-13-08, 10:45 PM   #41
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by earle117 View Post
I found it in the 2nd one, and deleted it, but it still doesn't show up in game. <(-_-)> I can get to the options from /bs, but no matter the settings, it doesn't show up on my PC.
Are you getting any errors when entering WoW??

Also when you type /BS it should actually show a random set of blood splatter on the screen under the options panel. Are you getting that?? (If your not seeing blood splatter on the options screen skip to below to fix the problem (hopefully)

On the options screen make sure that Disable BloodyScreen IS NOT checked.

Make sure at least on option to show the Blood is selected. Either Show on Combo Points or Show On Critical Hits... or even both.

Also make sure that either Enable PVP and/or Enable PVE are checked.

--- Below is for when you see no blood splatter on the options screen ---

If you don't see then blood splatter when you type /bs check the following:

Goto you addons folder for WoW.
Open the BloodyScreen folder.
There should be a "Textures Folder".
If not create a folder and name it Textures.
Drag the following files to the Textures folder you just created:
Splatter.blp, Splatter2.blp, Splatter3.blp, Splatter4.blp, Splatter5.blp

If you had to create a folder then you extracted the files from your addon.zip file you downloaded wrong.

The easiest way to put an addon into your addon folder is to open your WoW addons folder and open the addon.zip file in a seperate window. Drab the folders you see in the addin.zip window to your WoW addons folder careful to not place it on a blank space in the window and not on another folder.

When you open a addon.zip file the first folder visible usually says the name of the addon (or something close) If it says "Interface" or "Addons" the open those folders until you see a folder(s) named after the addon you downloaded.
04-14-08, 04:50 PM   #42
earle117
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Are you getting any errors when entering WoW??

Also when you type /BS it should actually show a random set of blood splatter on the screen under the options panel. Are you getting that?? (If your not seeing blood splatter on the options screen skip to below to fix the problem (hopefully)

On the options screen make sure that Disable BloodyScreen IS NOT checked.

Make sure at least on option to show the Blood is selected. Either Show on Combo Points or Show On Critical Hits... or even both.

Also make sure that either Enable PVP and/or Enable PVE are checked.

--- Below is for when you see no blood splatter on the options screen ---

If you don't see then blood splatter when you type /bs check the following:

Goto you addons folder for WoW.
Open the BloodyScreen folder.
There should be a "Textures Folder".
If not create a folder and name it Textures.
Drag the following files to the Textures folder you just created:
Splatter.blp, Splatter2.blp, Splatter3.blp, Splatter4.blp, Splatter5.blp

If you had to create a folder then you extracted the files from your addon.zip file you downloaded wrong.

The easiest way to put an addon into your addon folder is to open your WoW addons folder and open the addon.zip file in a seperate window. Drab the folders you see in the addin.zip window to your WoW addons folder careful to not place it on a blank space in the window and not on another folder.

When you open a addon.zip file the first folder visible usually says the name of the addon (or something close) If it says "Interface" or "Addons" the open those folders until you see a folder(s) named after the addon you downloaded.

The splatter behind the options box does appear.

I have it enabled for PvE and PvP, I have it set to crits (I'm a Warrior), however, I made a Rogue to see if it would splatter on combo points, and that didn't work either. And I don't have the "Disable BloodyScreen" box checked, so I'm still not sure what the problem is <(-_-)> I used to use this a while ago (pre 2.3) and it worked fine back then, so I'm not sure why the new version isn't working.
04-14-08, 06:20 PM   #43
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by earle117 View Post
The splatter behind the options box does appear.

I have it enabled for PvE and PvP, I have it set to crits (I'm a Warrior), however, I made a Rogue to see if it would splatter on combo points, and that didn't work either. And I don't have the "Disable BloodyScreen" box checked, so I'm still not sure what the problem is <(-_-)> I used to use this a while ago (pre 2.3) and it worked fine back then, so I'm not sure why the new version isn't working.
Hmm ...

Then it might be possible that another addon is causing it to fail.

Try just using BloodyScreen and see what happens.

We'll get this figured out somehow

If it work with all addons disabled then another addon is conflicting with it. If this is the case can you post the addons you are using ... text or pic.

You can also try enabling addons 5 at a time (including any required dependacies) and see if it works. If it still works enable another 5. Continue until it fails again. Then disable the last 5 you enabled 1 at a time until it works again. This will find the culprit.
04-14-08, 06:46 PM   #44
earle117
An Aku'mai Servant

I just tried my Rogue without any AddOns other than BloodyScreen, and it DID work. My UI is on Curse, so here's the link to my page (it lists all of my current AddOns):

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/12050/

I'll copy and paste the list in case you don't want the link

Aloft
ArcadePanel
AtlasLoot Enhanced
Auctioneer Advanced
Bagnon
BloodyScreen
Bongos2
Cartographer
CorpseInfo
CT_Mod
CyCircled
DuckieBank
eCastingBar
eePanels
EnhTooltips
FastQuest Classic
FishingBuddy
FuBar (and a ton of plugins)
GlowFoSho
GroupCalendar
InFlight
Killing Blow Spree
LightHeaded
MinimapButtonFrame
MobInfo2
MyRolePlay
Omen Threat Meter
Prat 2.0
ScrollingCombatText (SCT)
ScrollingCombatTextDamage (SCTD)
simpleMinimap
Skillet
Valuation
Violation
VisualThemes
XLoot
XPerl
ZMobDB

And a bunch of libs
04-14-08, 07:40 PM   #45
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
I Use the following mods too so it's not them :P

Bagnon
BloodyScreen (Obviously)
Cartographer
eCastingBar
eePanels
Fubar
InFlight
Lightheaded
MobInfo2
simpleMinimap
Xloot
XPerl

I would start with SCT. Seeing as to how that looks for crits and combo points it might somehow be making it so BS doesn't see it.

Disable that and see what happens.

I can't picture any fubar addons causing any problems ...

I use MikScrollingBattleText
instead of SCT.
10-30-08, 11:24 AM   #46
Beczka
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
update

need an Update for WotLK plz!!!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BloodyScreen