07-23-10, 12:52 PM   #1
Beridian
A Defias Bandit
Could use an addonscanner.

I am looking for an addon that scans my raid for a list of raid/guildrequired addons so we can finaly start kicking out those basterds obviously not using the addons we need them to like a bossmod.
So what I need is an addon that tracks the addons of my raid group from a list specified by me. Does something like that excist if it is even legal
07-23-10, 01:39 PM   #2
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I doubt this would be do able. Because each wow client is a sandbox so information isn't shared between much. The only way i know of to share info from addons to other players requires both players to have the addon. So the addon to scan what addons a player is using both players would need the scanning addon. So you come into the same issue of not everyone may have it.
07-23-10, 01:46 PM   #3
Beridian
A Defias Bandit
Yes I thought as much, but then again that scanning addon might be made mandatory aswell But I see the problem. Hell we better go back to the old boot low preforming members instead then.
07-23-10, 03:00 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try Spamalyzer. Should give you most, if not all, of what yer looking for. Kind of a backwards way of going about seeing who has what loaded, but it might help.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...pamalyzer.aspx
07-23-10, 03:28 PM   #5
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

last time i used these addons (DBM, oRA ?) there was a sync function and you were able to see addon version of each member or absence of it.
07-23-10, 03:30 PM   #6
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Most boss mods have a version system which allows you to check to see what version of the addon each player in the raid is using.
07-23-10, 08:48 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I decided long ago that when a guild tells me how to play the game I'm paying to play, it's time to find another guild.

Seriously, you should be gauging your raiders on their performance, not on which AddOns they use. There are also a plethora of AddOns which were written simply to fake being another AddOn for this reason.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
07-23-10, 10:23 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Yep. When someone stands in the fire, or doesn't run out of melee with the exploding debuff, it doesn't matter which addons they are or aren't using. They screwed up, not their addons (or lack thereof). If someone consistently wipes the raid because they didn't notice when the boss put Explode In 5 Seconds For Over 9000 on them, just kick them. Don't even ask which addons they're using. It's their responsibility as a raider to be able to deal with raid mechanics.

I've been in guilds where they "required" me to run Boss Mod X and Threat Meter Q (before the threat API was added). I ran Boss Mox Y instead, because it presented information in a way that I preferred. I didn't run any threat meter, because I was a healer, and if I was ever high enough on any mob's threat list to be an issue for anyone, that raid had a much bigger problem than which addons I was running. I wrote a small addon to respond to version checks for Boss Mod X and Threat Meter Q, and there was never an issue. However, when the same guild decided to require everyone to use RDX (again, back in the pay-to-use days), I just found another guild, because making it look like I was running RDX was more effort than I was willing to expend to accomodate a guild leader who couldn't conceive of anyone being able to play the game without the same addons he used.

Also, while addons that monitor addon communication (such as Spamalyzer) can help you detect which addons someone is using, they're still not foolproof, since many addons don't communicate at all. Most addons that do communicate have built in version-check functions that are much easier to use than watching addon comm traffic.
07-23-10, 11:17 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post

I didn't run any threat meter, because I was a healer, and if I was ever high enough on any mob's threat list to be an issue for anyone, that raid had a much bigger problem than which addons I was running.
I have a raid healer, and I most certainly use a threat meter. It's a tool that I take full advantage of that can sometimes let me spot someone who shouldn't be high on the threat list, but is climbing quickly. Which is a very good indication that they may need to have a heal tossed their way.

As for the rest, well, I could say a ton on the subject, but since it can be a so controversial and the OP didn't ask for any opinion on it... I won't be giving mine.
07-24-10, 02:55 AM   #10
Unkn
Premium Member

How about we think about how many people have addons, like a boss mod running, and completely ignore it....

"YOU WILL DIE"

and then some fool falls over...

Yeah. Addons are only as good as the people making sense of their data output. If they aren't reading/watching/listening to them, it will not matter. If you think people are failing because of a lack of addons, maybe its time to find new players.
07-25-10, 05:09 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I have a raid healer, and I most certainly use a threat meter. It's a tool that I take full advantage of that can sometimes let me spot someone who shouldn't be high on the threat list, but is climbing quickly. Which is a very good indication that they may need to have a heal tossed their way.
Why not configure your raid frames to show you threat levels? I find it much more efficient to see that information in the place I'm already looking when healing, rather than trying to keep an eye on some separate list and then match up the names there with the names on my raid frames.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Could use an addonscanner.