Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-12-08, 07:44 AM   #1
Bachowny
A Defias Bandit
Question 'Advanced' newbie questions - graph?

Hi all,

I have some questions about things I haven't been able to work out from the various sources (WoWWiki, Blizzard's code, this forum).

1 - Is there any sort of graphical element available either as a library or in the standard widgets? I just want to do some lines and boxes. Failing that, some sort of graphing or charting library?

2 - Can I dynamically build an interface (to make a graph out of progress bars LOL)? I've tried using CreateFrame during OnLoad but had no luck so far.

3 - How do I get it to reference one LUA file from another? I'm a noob with Lua so I haven't quite got the hang of . versus : yet, but neither seem to want to play if a function is in another file, even though I've seen it done elsewhere (e.g. LightHeaded:Stuff).

4 - Can anyone point an old C++ programmer in the direction of a tutorial to get my head around this crazy (ordered set based? did i guess right?) language?

Apologies if this is already covered elsewhere, but you know what it's like searching a forum with no lingo. On the bright side, my tiny DPS meter already works without answers to these questions.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » 'Advanced' newbie questions - graph?