Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-12-10, 09:20 AM   #1
KCmilam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
New Addon XML/Lua Generator

I posted this in the Interface Help forums but it was probably the wrong place, then I saw this forum and thought it'd be best here.

I have been developing an addon for quite some time now and became frustrated with creating the FrameXML file for it. I had an app written in VB.Net that helped me do quick and simple things and thought I'd move it over to Silverlight and share it.

Because it's written in Silverlight 3, it's not an executable and you can be rest assured that it is completely harmless. (Silverlight does not have access to anything on your computer)

UI XML Editor
*Works best in Firefox and IE 2008. Doesn't not work in 64bit browsers.

It basically writes the XML code as well as the Lua Code for the widgets as you draw the components on the screen. It's very simple and straight forward right now because I use it mainly for laying out my Options panels and etc. It's good for positioning components and setting up the hierarchy of them.

It allows for easy editing of a widgets properties and scripts when they are selected.

It's good if you want to get a quick and dirty design for a frame and copy and paste the code into your xml as well.

To use it:
-Click the Frame component in the ToolBox. Click the upper left corner of the frame in the drawing area and drag down and to the left to draw it. Other components can be added to the frame by selecting them and placing them inside the frame.

-Press escape to hide the crosshairs and use the hand to move components around.

-Drag components to the trash can to delete them.

-Selected components are highlighted in blue.

-Selecting a component will highlight it's respective code in the xml. (A bit buggy right now, sometimes have to click the FrameXML area as least ones to get it to start working)

There are still a lot of little bugs to work out, but I need a little help finding them. I got a lot to add and a lot of ideas to improve it.

Try it out and let me know what you think! If you would like to use it, please do so and PM any bugs you might come across. Thanks!

Last edited by Cairenn : 02-12-10 at 12:19 PM. Reason: nm me

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Dev Tools » New Addon XML/Lua Generator