09-07-08, 06:01 AM   #1
Liyana
A Murloc Raider
KgPanels: New to customizing UI

Hi everyone,

I'm playing a druid feral tank on the EU - Stormrage server. Except for the regular addons I've never played with unitframes / raidframes / UI alteration addons. But lately i'm getting bored with the User Interface of the original game and besides that I want to get the info on my screen that is usefull while hide ther stuff I don't need in combat so I have a large view on the world itself without my UI being on obstacle on it.

I've been going through alot of pictures of UI's on the net and some ideas I realy like. One of them is to have a panel on the left handside of the screen where the regular chat comes in. On the oppsite, right handside of the screen I want an exact panel where only combat data is being showed. You know, info on who gets crit hitted, healed for how much, toook dame because of, how much damage etc.

I've downloaded KgPanels and making the panels is easy. getting the info in it is a total other thing. How do you do it? Ok, I now I can drag the panel above the original chatframe of Bllizzard but then I still have those up and down arrows which I don't want (although I do wonder how people scroll through there text without those controls on it). So anyone knows how to do this? I've read alot on Kgpanels but except for the regular FAQ on what you can do with it and infor about the UI of the addon there isn't much to find on it on how exact you do stuff like the question i've asked and other stuff like putting in codes to show while being in combat or out of combat, etc.

If thiis question was asked somewhere else on the forum I apologies. Did not find any post that resembled to the info I needed.
09-07-08, 09:07 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't help you with kgpanels, but I can help you with the scroll arrows on the chat window. Prat will get rid of those (you use your mouse wheel to scroll).

http://files.wowace.com/Prat/
09-07-08, 09:37 AM   #3
Arabeth
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
You can unlock the combat chat frame and drag it and resize it on to the kgPanel you've made for it.

I personally use Chatter to manage chat frames but it does the same stuff as Prat.

kgPanels has a facility that allows you to make panels visible/invisible (or other stuff I suppose) on certain events occurring. That functionality is covered under the Scripts menu item and you will need a little lua (or a lot of lua) knowledge to get it running. You could try the kgPanels forum on wowace as that kind of question has been asked there before. My minimal attempt at scripting kgPanels got it's inspiration from there.
09-08-08, 05:01 AM   #4
Liyana
A Murloc Raider
Thanks both of you. I've just downloaded Prat and I've started browsing to LUA scripting sites.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » KgPanels: New to customizing UI