07-20-17, 01:35 PM   #1
DracoJedi
A Kobold Labourer

Manual?

Is there a manual somewhere that explains this addon? I can't find any information on what the colored buttons do at the top of the quest module or why they can be clicked three times for three different things. The main module itself could use a lot of explaining. Is there such a manual?
07-21-17, 03:03 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DracoJedi View Post
Is there a manual somewhere that explains this addon? I can't find any information on what the colored buttons do at the top of the quest module or why they can be clicked three times for three different things. The main module itself could use a lot of explaining. Is there such a manual?
Nope there is no manual.

Do u mean those?

Hover on them to see description:
- first is Show quests on map (blobs)
- second is Auto Track quests
- third is Quest Givers (show quests qivers location "!" on Carbonite map). Only three state button, if i remember good: small yellow (disabled), bigger yellow (show quest on map), bigger blue (show quests on map but only Daily quests)
- forth is Show party quests (in quest watcher window)

Last edited by ircdirk : 07-21-17 at 06:24 AM.
07-21-17, 06:23 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For a more concise explanation, look in the "Docs" folder (in the main Carbonite addon folder) for the "ReadMe". This is a plain text file and it is severely outdated, BUT, it will give you some pointers (I DID say "some"!) on Carbonite (including what the watch window buttons do and what their colors mean).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-21-17, 06:46 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
For a more concise explanation, look in the "Docs" folder (in the main Carbonite addon folder) for the "ReadMe". This is a plain text file and it is severely outdated, BUT, it will give you some pointers (I DID say "some"!) on Carbonite (including what the watch window buttons do and what their colors mean).
Shit didnt noticed this folder... ever Sure this is some kind of manual, old but better then nottnig.
07-21-17, 12:15 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, I don't remember if the "Docs" folder was always there but I remember that the "ReadMe" file was always in the main Carbonite folder. It's a shame that it wasn't updated as Carbonite changed over the years. Now it would take a complete rewrite. You could still use some of the information but, by and largely, not too much unfortunately.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
07-26-17, 12:37 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Most of it should still be relevant, just outdated.. I never added to the docs things like the view switch button, and that's the only part of the watch window that ever changed.

I am considering adding a "What's New" window that each module can use to notify of changes, removals or additions for the next release.

Current thought is to have the Carbonite minimap button flash if you have unread what's new messages.. and in the menu for it will be "What's New" option to bring up the window... flashing stops after reading / opening it, with option to disable the notification all together.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Manual?