08-16-08, 12:06 PM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Grrr why does this keep happening!!!!!

Im at a loss as to why this constantly happens. I go to inspect someone and no tooltips show up. and i cannot link the items in guild/trade...hell any chat for that matter. in this picture the guy has run away but this happens even if im up close to the person. Usually a /rl fixes the problem for a short time but it always comes back just a few mins later. I dont want to disable my mods because i like using them. So id like to see if anyone has a fix for this. The mods i use that may effect this is

Fluid Frames
Tip tac

those are the only ones i can think of here is a screenshot. Any help would rock

08-16-08, 12:22 PM   #2
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Hey Elloria... just wondering if you've checked to be sure you're not getting taint from a mod that's blocking an action. Just guessing but it may be that it works until the taint occurs. Good luck... and this ui looks great!
08-16-08, 12:34 PM   #3
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by erica647 View Post
Hey Elloria... just wondering if you've checked to be sure you're not getting taint from a mod that's blocking an action. Just guessing but it may be that it works until the taint occurs. Good luck... and this ui looks great!

not 100 percent sure how to check that. Would you mind telling me how? Also i did test this just a few mins ago. I would inspect someone and the tooltip would not show up then i would click on someone directly next to that person and the tooltips work just fine. and lastly this is Roth UI from this site just modified a bit. I lurve it! The orbs actually animate. The red fog radiates throughout them
08-16-08, 01:08 PM   #4
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

A lot of people are having issues with this. I believe the known culprit is TipTac.
08-16-08, 06:22 PM   #5
LBXZero
A Theradrim Guardian
To find out about taint, there is a way. After you log out, go to your World of Warcraft folder and look for the Logs folder. In the Logs folder, open the file named FrameXML.log.

If you have the debug option set, some errors should be posted there.
08-16-08, 07:24 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Those are just FrameXML errors dealing with loading files, iirc. To enable the taint log, type /console taintLog 1 (I believe that's the proper casing) and reload/relog. After you witness the problem again, log out and you will see a taint log file in the Logs folder. To turn off taint logging, replace the 1 with a 0. Taint isn't always a bad, thing, though, as most mods will "taint" blizzard code from hooks, variables, etc. The problem is when you get the "An action has been blocked by an addon." message in your chat frame.

Elloria - if you don't know what's causing it, you *need* to disable your addons by halves to find what mod it is. Unless you wait and find someone who has already taken the time to do this.

You say you don't want to disable them because you like them. You can always turn them back on. Plus, do you like them even when they cause you problems like this?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Grrr why does this keep happening!!!!!