12-02-08, 10:53 AM   #1
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Internet Explorer Hangs in Windows Vista

I've been trying to troubleshoot problems with hangs in Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Vista 64-bit and it seems that the only place where the weird hangs occur is when on Wowinterface.com. I'm running Vista as administrator with Service Pack 1 along with all the Microsoft updates. I've even gone so far as to totally reinstall Windows Vista but lockups continue. I know the preferred browser seems to be Firefox but I'm trying to run Windows with as few apps as possible to hopefully avoid issues and make troubleshooting problems somewhat less complex. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Also note that I'm not running the 64-bit of explorer since there is no support yet for flash.

P.S. I'll install Firefox if I have to but please don't be mean in your post. :P
12-02-08, 11:10 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Why would we be mean?

Are you viewing the site with ads? Is there a specific ad (or flash style ad) on your screen whenever a hangup occurs? Does it usually occur on a specific page of the site, or just in general?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-02-08, 11:20 AM   #3
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

[mean]OMG you noob![/mean]

Ok, I fail at being mean :]
Any way, Seerah already asked why I would ask, but I would say one thing kind of off topic.

The preferred browser is indeed Firefox, and I understand you don't want to install any thing that's not "needed". But whenever you're gonna look for solutions to an IE problem, people are going to recommend Firefox to you (or another browser like Opera or something). In fact the support you would get for Firefox is much higher than the support for IE will ever be, simply because the majority of IE users don't really know how to fix those problems, and the ones who do have long switched to an alternative browser already, and will recommend their choice of browser to you rather than helping with an IE-related problem. :P (I hate elitists )
12-02-08, 11:28 AM   #4
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Most people on the site aren't mean and are quite nice in fact... I've just seen a lot of negative comments about Internet Explorer so just wanted to weed out the "meanies" upfront. I haven't been able to narrow it down to any specific adds or anything but I do notice that it happens mostly when I'm browsing the forums... although I have seen it occasionally when browsing the recently updated mods list. My Internet Explorer is pretty "vanilla" in that I've been trying to avoid any type of addins or whatever that may cause problems. Like I mentioned... trying to keep it minimal for just the functionality I need. I know that this is probably a real pain to troubleshoot given the info I've been able to provide but I'm just at a loss. Thanks again!

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Internet Explorer Hangs in Windows Vista