11-24-09, 01:02 AM   #1
jwhicks727
A Defias Bandit
Trying to Install Boda's Black Box UI

I am trying a complete interface for the first time and am having trouble with the install. I have used many addons in the past. I installed Boda's as instructed here, and everything went smoothly except for the step that asked me to "use the following slash commands to open the configs and select the "Bodasafa - Eldre'Thalas" profile for each." I didn't see a Bodasafa-Edre'Thalas profile available under any of the addons. I did see Savis-Galakrond (which is my toon and server), so I assumed I was to choose those since I had renamed the folders to reflect that in a previous step. Anyway, all the addons have installed successfully, but none of them seem to be configured correctly. Everything is just jumbled in the center, and nothing looks like the screenshots.

I tried to installed KittyUI and had pretty much the same result, so I have to assume that I'm missing some step rather than this being a problem with the addon. Let me know if there is any more info I can provide. Thanks!
11-24-09, 03:01 AM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jwhicks727 View Post
I am trying a complete interface for the first time and am having trouble with the install. I have used many addons in the past. I installed Boda's as instructed here, and everything went smoothly except for the step that asked me to "use the following slash commands to open the configs and select the "Bodasafa - Eldre'Thalas" profile for each." I didn't see a Bodasafa-Edre'Thalas profile available under any of the addons. I did see Savis-Galakrond (which is my toon and server), so I assumed I was to choose those since I had renamed the folders to reflect that in a previous step. Anyway, all the addons have installed successfully, but none of them seem to be configured correctly. Everything is just jumbled in the center, and nothing looks like the screenshots.

I tried to installed KittyUI and had pretty much the same result, so I have to assume that I'm missing some step rather than this being a problem with the addon. Let me know if there is any more info I can provide. Thanks!
You have to remember to rename your WTF folders accordingly, i.e. all the folders in the WTF folder including Account Name Folder, Realm Name Folder, and Character Name Folder. Also, name the Account Name Folder to your actual WoW Account name, not your battle.net name. It is also case sensitive that you rename these folders exactly how they should be, the Account Name should be your old WoW Account name not battle.net name, in all caps i.e.

ACCOUNTNAME

Also your char name should be 'Ferous' and realm name should be 'Hydraxis' or what ever your char and realm names are, starting with capitalization.
11-24-09, 03:05 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you are not seeing the profiles the designer mentions it means the WTF folders they provided are either not named correctly or not in the proper place.

With the recent changeover to the battle.net log in system the former is usually the case. Since you also mentioned you were renaming folders it seemed the most likely candidate. When you rename the folder for your account its the actual account name and NOT the battle.net log-in name. So what ever your original log in is supposed to be that is what you use for the name of it.

So as an example if your account name was originally bob that is what you will name that folder. Not the email address the new battle.net system uses.

If you backed up your original WTF folder the account name will be the name of the folder at this location:

.../World of warcraft/WTF/Account/Account name here

Hope that helps some.

EDIT: Ferous obviously types faster than i do =P

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 11-24-09 at 03:06 AM. Reason: too damn slow =P
11-24-09, 03:55 AM   #4
jwhicks727
A Defias Bandit
Thank you SO much guys! You hit it on the head. I was using my battle.net username (could have sworn the instructions said to do so), but once I changed it to my old username, it worked great. Thanks again!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Trying to Install Boda's Black Box UI