Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-29-07, 09:51 AM   #1
thermitesnipes
A Murloc Raider
Getting Mob coords possible?

Using the GetPlayerMapPosition() is it possible to Type in a Name of anything NPC/Player/Mob and get a rough estimate of its coords? I want to try to make this possible to hunt anything and get coords to it. I have it setup as a Edit Box that you can type in the name of unit, hit a button and itll register its coords in a text plane on the same UI. Just wonderin if anyone would like to experiment and help me out with something like this, even if itll just give me any player coords.

[Edit]: Also to get coords in an instance could one use a 100x100 plane and get coords registered by mathematically calculating your position in transition to the 100x100 plane?

[Edit]: Also another thing, is the closer mob's coords would be displayed and I would need help going about that. Or could expand UI to fit more slots for coords of different mobs, but I think that would take more coding than getting the job would need. also If Mob is dead nil coords and move on to next set.

Last edited by thermitesnipes : 05-29-07 at 10:06 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Getting Mob coords possible?