09-04-10, 07:32 PM   #1
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Coming back to WoW after a break... What are teh current addons for this

Hi there...

Been off wow for about 5 months or somthign liek that... Thought I would log in and check it out again. Anyway, I used to be a big addon guy and would like to install some of the favs (that I can remeber).

I was just woundering if there are better addons for these nowdays...

1) DepositBox - Love this addon... allows you to save cash really easy if you suck at not spending cash. What ity dose is make a virtual deposit box, where you can set a % of all your incoming cash to go into. That % is "locked out" from the game.. so yuo might have 2K in your depositbox but only 500 in yuor bag.. and you can only spend that 500 with out manualy moving cash into your deposit box.

2) Healbot - Is this still the top healing / buffing mod about?

3) QuestHelper - I saw on teh questhelper page a big note form the authert saying "Well, let's be honest here, I haven't updated this in months." - So is there a replacment for this.. is it needed.. as there semas to be a quest helper type thign built in now...

4) TomTom - my fav thing about questhelper was teh cool crazy taxi arrow... dose tomtom work with the new official blizzard quest system?

5) I used to have a chat system... it auto coloured each class so at a glace at teh chat you coudl see teh class, it also had a number of other sweet chat suff... . . any ideas what that was

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Jynks : 09-04-10 at 07:39 PM.
09-04-10, 07:59 PM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
1) DepositBox - I don't know of anything similar.
2) Healbot - Being "top" is debatable - many hardcore healers don't see a need for it, and others find that it actually underperforms.
3) QuestHelper - I'm not aware of a replacement, save for the built-in version.
4) TomTom - Yes, this works with the default quest POIs.
5) Chat system - The class coloring is built into WoW now. As for other features, you could look at Prat or Chatter or PhanxChat just to name a few.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
09-04-10, 08:12 PM   #3
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
2) Healbot - Being "top" is debatable - many hardcore healers don't see a need for it, and others find that it actually underperforms
Well the poiont of the thread is to get recomendations... not just say if it is bad.. say what is better.

What would you recommend then. I am just casual. 5 man and stuff. I like healbot as it seasm to work fine and it also tracks all teh buffs so you can keep everyone buffed as well.

5) Chat system - The class coloring is built into WoW now. As for other features, you could look at Prat or Chatter or PhanxChat just to name a few.
Ahh that is tottaly it.. thanks

<------------ EDIT

Oh what was that one that did gear stats stuff for you.. so I have eqCompare so i can see the gear vs the gear I am useing.. but there was a mod that did all the gear caculations for you.. so like how much that int translates into + mana and stuff liek that.. it would make teh tooltip have numbers in brackets that were red or green for + or - on your physical stats

Last edited by Jynks : 09-04-10 at 08:26 PM.
09-04-10, 08:31 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My choices..

1. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...azscrooge.aspx

2. <Insert your prefered Unit Frame addon here> and Clique

3. Carbonite or....

Built in quest log and Questrouterlite or QuestPointer and TomTom

4. See above

5. As mentioned by others, WoW has this built in but for extras either Chatter, which is my favorite, or Prat, PhanxChat etc.
09-04-10, 08:32 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jynks View Post
<------------ EDIT
Oh what was that one that did gear stats stuff for you.. so I have eqCompare so i can see the gear vs the gear I am useing.. but there was a mod that did all the gear caculations for you.. so like how much that int translates into + mana and stuff liek that.. it would make teh tooltip have numbers in brackets that were red or green for + or - on your physical stats
Ratingsbuster perhaps?
09-04-10, 08:39 PM   #6
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Ratingsbuster perhaps?
ahh that is tottaly it.. thanks man... eqcompare dosn't work lol says incompatable.... what is the currect item comparison thing so when you mouse over an item you also see your currently equiped item?
09-04-10, 09:03 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ahh that is tottaly it.. thanks man... eqcompare dosn't work lol says incompatable.... what is the currect item comparison thing so when you mouse over an item you also see your currently equiped item?
You can either hold your shift key or get tekKompare.

09-05-10, 02:49 AM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

EquipCompare still works like a charm, I use it myself.
09-05-10, 04:06 AM   #9
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
cool... ok so how about somthing to orginise teh minimap..

I used to have a mod that woudl allow me to hide or show any mini map buttons.... ? Any good minimap addons you would recommend?
09-05-10, 04:11 AM   #10
Ither
A Firelord

I use Chinchilla Minimap. Works great for me.
09-05-10, 04:37 AM   #11
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Oh you know what i do need... a bar tracker thign for my cooldowns... and somthign to track DoTs?

Last edited by Jynks : 09-05-10 at 04:53 AM.
09-05-10, 05:29 AM   #12
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Oh you know what i do need... a bar tracker thign for my cooldowns... and somthign to track DoTs?
ForteXorcist do both of those!
09-05-10, 05:30 AM   #13
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...buffTimer.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...cCooldown.html
09-05-10, 07:31 AM   #14
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
I use Chinchilla Minimap. Works great for me.
Bah. SexyMap FTW.

09-05-10, 09:05 AM   #15
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Bah. SexyMap FTW.
Seconded. SexyMap also has the previously referred-to ability to hide (always / never / until hover) minimap buttons.
09-05-10, 09:18 AM   #16
Sythalin
Curse staff

1) None, but I may start using one. I'm terrible about saving.

2) The only healing add-on I use Decursive. Other than it's just my unit frame and Smartbuff for buffing.

3) Carbonite

4) Carbonite emulates Tom-Tom.

5) I don't use chat addons. Anything I want from them (hiding elements, moving stuff, etc.) I have my own project to manage such things.
09-05-10, 01:57 PM   #17
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Seconded. SexyMap also has the previously referred-to ability to hide (always / never / until hover) minimap buttons.
But.. Does SexyMap allow you to move frames like world state, quest tracker, vehicle seats, etc?
09-05-10, 02:29 PM   #18
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, it does.

09-05-10, 05:31 PM   #19
Jynks
A Frostmaul Preserver
Thanks so much for all yoru help guys.... almost running.

Awesome thank you. But I was hoping for a mod that had nice bars for my cooldowns as well.....

Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
3) Carbonite
Dosn't carbonite cost a monthly fee or somthing, i seam to remeber that was why i never used it.. but i can not find anything about that now?
09-05-10, 06:04 PM   #20
Sythalin
Curse staff

Blizzard passed down the law that authors cannot charge for addons (yes,this created an uproar). Carbonite became free, but support has dwindled to the point we'll be lucky if it's updated for Cata. The team turned focus to more profitable projects (which is their right).

For the time being, the current live version has made it's home here at WoWI. I'd provide a link, but I'm posting from my phone on break. Just do a search for it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Coming back to WoW after a break... What are teh current addons for this