08-23-10, 10:10 AM   #1
HeySookie
A Murloc Raider
Need a Master Looter Roll Addon!

Please help me out guys, I have been doing a lot of searching and cannot find what I need because almost every rolling addon involves DKP or other guild loot systems, and I can't use it. I need a roll addon that does the following:

1.) Allows me to link the loot to the raid, with options for main spec, off spec, and possible raid roll.
2.) Allows me to click a button to do a countdown, or simply does it on a set timer.
3.) At the end of the countdown, shows me who had the highest roll and announces it to the raid. It would be a perk to have the addon show me what gear the winner has, and alerts me if someone rolled twice or is ineligible for gear. Though I could deal with anything as long as it showed everyone who rolled & their rolls so I could inspect them myself if needed.
4.) A button to award loot to the winner, as well as some way to bypass the winner the addon chooses in some way (in case someone changes their mind or is overruled for whatever reason).

For context, I am running 25-man ICC Pugs, so I need to keep any form of DKP completely out of it while speeding up raid loot rolls. People just roll for gear, and the only reason a winning roll doesn't get loot is if they already have better gear, are ineligible (armor class, itemization), or in the rare case because they change their mind or I overrule it. I need an addon that can support that. I actually thought I had finally found a good one and then I realized it tried to overrule the winning roll because that person won something before, and I almost gave it to the wrong person (sigh).
08-23-10, 01:22 PM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know of anything that does all of the things you described, though I agree they would be sweet. XLoot and XLoot Master will allow you to easily link all loot, specify a chat message to be included when you're calling for individual rolls, and then watch rolls and show you the winner. It's definitely a step in the right direction for what you're doing.
08-23-10, 01:50 PM   #3
HeySookie
A Murloc Raider
Thanks, that's definitely a step in the right direction. I have actually tried both of those and if I'm remembering correctly the only thing I disliked was the interface for distributing loot, etc. was just not as thorough in features as it could have been. However it seems like you have to get something like that which may not have everything, or get something that has TOO much (and messes with the distribution of loot via whatever loot system). For now I will probably use http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...raid-roll.aspx, it is pretty good from what I have seen and reccommended by a guildie. However, I believe I'm going to be using something for WebDkp in the near future anyway so it won't be an issue as much for me personally so much
08-23-10, 01:59 PM   #4
Unkn
Premium Member

Raid Roll off Curse is what you want. I use it all the time. Only thing you wont get from RR is the button to pass loot to the winner. But you can turn on group numbers for easier looting. And it wont auto loot to the winner so you don't need to worry about having to bypass the addon's winner.

Best feature I've found with RR is that it keeps track of the rolls as long as you like. So you do not have to wonder who won what item. It has everything you want atm.

And have someone you trust in the raid do the inspecting for you. Makes your life easier for you. So you can move on to next rolls.
08-24-10, 09:29 AM   #5
killerpet1986
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Unkn View Post
Only thing you wont get from RR is the button to pass loot to the winner. But you can turn on group numbers for easier looting. And it wont auto loot to the winner so you don't need to worry about having to bypass the addon's winner.
You can right click on someones name to ignore their roll if they change their mind.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need a Master Looter Roll Addon!