08-30-10, 01:00 PM   #1
hbchrist
A Defias Bandit
Preferred UI for widescreen HDTV

I play WoW on a 47" widescreen LCD TV. I use nUI as my ui, and it is great, but I would like to know if anyone else, who are gaming on a similarly large screen, prefer other uis.

I am asking because I would like larger icons and sharper lettering that I am getting now.

Thanks,
hbchrist
08-30-10, 03:21 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just out of curiosity what resolution are you running? From a quick Google search, it looks like that size LCDTV should be 1920 x 1080. Is WoW setup to that spec? If it's set to a different one, then everything will likely look odd. ie blurry, out of proportion.

From personal experience with numerous WoW installs/fresh runs, WoW likes to default to 800 x 600 for me. I always have to set it up to my screens native resolution of 1680 x 1050 before anything looks "right".
08-30-10, 06:52 PM   #3
hbchrist
A Defias Bandit
Good question. I am indeed running at the 1920x1080, and WoW does offer that resolution in the dropdown so I use it.

The graphics are sharp. My only limitation is my aging system, which is running dual core 1.6G, 2G ram, and a GeForce 210. I can run everything just a little shy of max.

The action icons are just a wee bit small as I sit about six feet away from the screen (it's the main TV for the family).

hbchrist
08-30-10, 07:00 PM   #4
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try to make a macro with /script ActionBarFrame:SetScale(1.2)

or a higher number. Try it out.

08-30-10, 09:06 PM   #5
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UI scale will work.

I occasionally get off my arse and hook up to my 60" Sony HDTV when I want to raid ICC in super-size. I have to bump some chit up to make it look good; but I'm also running a seriously retarded i7 rig with HD video card.

I'm a weenie. Yes WOW is all I play, it's overkill honestly.
08-30-10, 11:35 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by hbchrist View Post
Good question. I am indeed running at the 1920x1080, and WoW does offer that resolution in the dropdown so I use it.

The graphics are sharp. My only limitation is my aging system, which is running dual core 1.6G, 2G ram, and a GeForce 210. I can run everything just a little shy of max.

The action icons are just a wee bit small as I sit about six feet away from the screen (it's the main TV for the family).

hbchrist
Take a look at the post HERE Xrystal recently answered someone else about upping the sizes of nUI's action bars too.

You may find other elements a bit off after that so I'd also recommend taking a look HERE as well.

That should get you started.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Preferred UI for widescreen HDTV