10-13-10, 06:32 PM   #1
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Graphics glitch caused by my UI.

What on earth could i have done that would cause looking at or nearing water to cause a bizzar mirroring effect? a pic can be seen in the bug reports of GrimUI. I confirmed it, it is because of GrimUI. All this time i thought it was on bliz's end and my gcards failing... i knew duel 9800gtx's should be able to run at ultra! also note that turning the graphics up with grimui installed will cause the game to crash. but with it out... it does not. what would do this????

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
10-13-10, 07:09 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Viewport.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-13-10, 07:42 PM   #3
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Viewport.
coulda swore the viewport stuff was out. ill have to check that. so is using viewport just borked?

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
10-13-10, 07:45 PM   #4
roeddog
Premium Member
Grim,
I had the same problem in the stock UI and also using nUI. It appears to be a problem with the "liquid detail" when I set it to anything above fair I get the mirror effect. Drove me nuts in SW seeing two walls and two canals, lol!
10-13-10, 08:09 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oh, is that what it is? I thought hubby's had cleared up after he turned off the viewport. If we come across it again, I'll try to remember this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-13-10, 08:33 PM   #6
Occissor
A Murloc Raider
Had same problem, turned out that when I brought the liquid settings to low the effect went away
10-13-10, 09:20 PM   #7
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

see i can set the settings to low and it goes away but if i remove grimui i can crank my graphics up. i thought it was bliz but i dont think it is now. will see ill have to do some testing with viewport stuff out.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
10-13-10, 09:54 PM   #8
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Just removed the viewport part in grimUI, and oh look its fixed no more graphic related game crashing. Is there anything that can be done to use worldframe settings with out that effect?

and the answer is... does not look like it. blue post in wow forums.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=27026474282

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 10-13-10 at 10:50 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Graphics glitch caused by my UI.