01-18-05, 03:09 PM   #1
dorokhin
A Kobold Labourer
Possible UI addon - ability timers on target

With so many classes having effects that have an explicit duration, it would be useful to have a timer that lets you know when your effects are almost done. While many mods let you know how much time things on you have remaining (pword fort, etc) this is not really much of an innovation - all it does it save you the trouble of moving your mouse over the effect which displays the timer.

What would be really impressive is a UI that tells you how long effects that you put on will last. Here is an example:

Blind lasts a fixed duration so a countdown could be started from the time it hits until it ends.

Rupture does damage over a definite period of time. A counter so you can see how many seconds are left until it ends.

Every class has effects that last a given period. I provided some rogue examples since that's what I play but I feel this feature would be very useful for any class yet I see no UI that has it.

I'm pretty sure that this could be done but I have no experience with coding myself so trying to do it would prove an arduous task. Has someone already done this? Is there anyone here that could make it?
01-19-05, 05:47 PM   #2
deca prime
A Defias Bandit

I have been deving it, I am still learning some LUA and running into acouple of troubles but I should be done with it relativly soon, I have been talking to cide for some assistance and currenlty I have two options.

1.) Get the ability from the texture at the index
-Advantage:Quick and Easy
-Dissadvantages: Not accurate with talents, would require a table of durations, and there is a .5 sec delay with abilities over 0 sec cast aparently...

2.) Scan tool-tip of ability for X sec delay
-Advantage: Accurate more of the time, No delay
-Dissadvantages: I have to figure out how to do it accuratly, have to make a good bit of exceptions (for seplls that have more than one X sec or conditional X sec durations).

If you want more information or have any input or anything

Arcus of Avathar Corda on Blackhand

Last edited by deca prime : 12-13-08 at 12:07 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Possible UI addon - ability timers on target