06-18-09, 10:15 AM   #1
Desalyn
A Kobold Labourer
MiniMapCompassRing Bug?

I was hoping someone could help me with this error message (MiniMapCompassRing) I get on all of my toons when I log in. In short it has to do with part of one of the addons. I am not sure which one it is so I can disable or repair it.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Des
06-18-09, 01:02 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Desalyn View Post
I was hoping someone could help me with this error message (MiniMapCompassRing) I get on all of my toons when I log in. In short it has to do with part of one of the addons. I am not sure which one it is so I can disable or repair it.

Thanks
Des
A list of your enabled addons would REALLY help here.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-18-09, 01:41 PM   #3
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Desalyn View Post

Thanks
Des
i am just guessing, without the text of the error...

but i had a wide variety of LUA errors to this effect just after WoW 3.1 came out, related to a library called "Astrolabe" (which a suprising number of addons use in some form, i guess to access the different components of the minimap, for installing minimap buttons and etc). something about Blizzard's minimap frame assembly changed in WoW 3.1, and Astrolabe had to be updated accordingly.

Astrolabe and all the various addons that use it got updated within about a week of 3.1 coming out. you probably have some old addon(s) still running around that have new version(s) waiting for you. take a look at your LUA error, try to identify which addon is the one actually providing Astrolabe (should be in the file path supplied in the error trace for the Astrolabe-related messages) and make sure you have a current version. install that new version, reload your UI, rinse/repeat as necessary (until you have updated everything that uses Astrolabe and the errors "go away").

hope that helps.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
06-18-09, 04:23 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The MinimapCompassRing model does not exist on the game client anymore after patch 3.1.

Do a keyword search in files in your addon folder, whichever addon contains that word is outdated in the true sense (some part of it is not working).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MiniMapCompassRing Bug?