01-07-11, 07:25 AM   #1
karmik
A Murloc Raider
"copying" setting between "modes/desktops" (solo, party)

Hello again
Last question for today I promise

What is the best practice to set up several desktops based on the same baseline.

Basically I want to set up my solo desktop (action bars and such) and THEN, based on it make my party desktops, raid desktop and so on.

I am supposed to reproduce my settings from one to another ? or is there a way to copy one desktop setting to another one ?
Or shall I copy the desktop object under a new name and assign it to a mode ?

Is there a way to build desktops incrementally, changes to the base desktop propagating to party, raid desktops and such ?

thanks a lot.
01-07-11, 08:06 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
From the explorer, you can copy a desktop and replace any existing desktop.

The explorer is working like your file system, you can copy, rename, delete etc ...

You can also edit your AUI (UI > Theme AUI > Edit AUI) to specify which desktop to open in SOLO, PARTY, RAID etc ...

Is there a way to build desktops incrementally, changes to the base desktop propagating to party, raid desktops and such ?
Sorry not possible
01-07-11, 02:21 PM   #3
unlimit
Lookin' Good

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are ways to save your settings besides siggs method. I personally use proxies and the import/export settings. I start off by making my desktop like normal, and then when I'm done, exporting each individual desktop feature to a FeatureData object. Then, create a "mold" desktop object and use that to base the rest of my desktops objects off of.

Meaning, I start off by just creating the "solo" desktop.

I copy and paste it, import my raid window settings, and create my raid desktop.

I copy and paste solo again, import my party window settings, and create my party desktop.

I copy and paste it AGAIN, import my arena window settings, and create my arena desktop.

RDX is an extremely modular platform, and allows you to store and save your settings across a very wide variety of features.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
01-08-11, 06:35 AM   #4
Shamino
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sticky please!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » "copying" setting between "modes/desktops" (solo, party)