06-02-10, 05:24 AM   #2381
Politig
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
And sicne i bashed 2 peoples UI's I guess I'll post mine atm.

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_5_29_17_17_9h4rb.png
25 man non combat

http://www.abload.de/img/enb2010_5_29_17_32_44f4jv.png
25 man in combat.

basically nothing that special as it's carebears layout mostly (well, the bosstimers are) reworked for my personal (tanking) needs made with an edited version of ouf_nin (I love you nin)

Simple, effective, little but needed information. Works perfect for tanking and dps'ing.

NOW BASH IT, BASH IT HARD!
I reallyyyy Like this UI! The one piece of beef I have with it though is that you can't see how much health you or your target has. But I LOVE your class coloring choices! Makes the game feel more vibrant.

06-02-10, 10:12 AM   #2382
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
NOW BASH IT, BASH IT HARD!
Can't BASH awesome.

06-02-10, 11:38 AM   #2383
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
Can't BASH awesome.
Dude... I'm not sure that's what she meant...

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-02-10, 12:31 PM   #2384
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Awesome UI, I am really way too tired to comment on it atm, but thanks for the C&C on my current one. I know what you mean about the borders, but this UI is more experimental than one I will actually use. I'll probably end up with a screenie of a completely different UI later today.

I just find it really hard to make something which looks nice yet only shows what I need, especially with the whole de/buffs thing. Oh well.

Edit: Btw, Led, how are you greying out the auras which aren't yours? Are you using Satrina Buff Frames? That is pretty awesome. AND how did you change the raid icons? Man, I keep finding new cool things about that UI.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

Last edited by Wella : 06-02-10 at 12:37 PM.

06-02-10, 01:06 PM   #2385
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

The icons is http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Raidicons.html
And the debuff thing is a oUF code that makes debuffs I didn't cast greyish.

It's all in Nin's code.

06-02-10, 01:25 PM   #2386
Wella

I see. Well, thanks for the info. New UI already in progress, turning out to be a lot better than the 'experimental' one already. xD

Edit: Whilst we're on the quick topic of icons and such, do you know if it is possible to change the default indicator icons? (Leader, master looter, combat status, etc.) They are kind of ugly and it's very hard finding a way to make them look remotely nice. Ohhh and what font are you using? I found one which is almost the same, but some of the numbers are really ugly. (Sorry for all the questions. xD) Edit again: Found the font. Hooge 05_57, right? I have been looking for this bugger for a damn long time now.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

Last edited by Wella : 06-02-10 at 02:12 PM.

06-02-10, 02:22 PM   #2387
nin
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Whilst we're on the quick topic of icons and such, do you know if it is possible to change the default indicator icons? (Leader, master looter, combat status, etc.) They are kind of ugly and it's very hard finding a way to make them look remotely nice
Doable with ouf. dno about pitbull and stuf etc.. probably is.

Only layout i can think of right now that use/used it is ouf_viv

06-02-10, 02:27 PM   #2388
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I think that, if you find the right texture, you should be able to replace it by adding a new texture to the interface folder.

06-02-10, 03:01 PM   #2389
Wella

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
I think that, if you find the right texture, you should be able to replace it by adding a new texture to the interface folder.
My thought exactly. Well, I'll look into it.
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-02-10, 03:23 PM   #2390
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thumbs up New Toy!

omg I hate you.. yet ANOTHER addon that I simply must play with!

Teasing of course about the hate you bit... thank you for sharing the link!!

NM. Seems that getting those to work is a no no. Bah. It's not worth risking my account over.

Last edited by Petrah : 06-02-10 at 04:24 PM.

06-02-10, 03:25 PM   #2391
Pf0llz0r
A Defias Bandit
Here we go
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9...3110214632.jpg

Flame on

06-02-10, 03:34 PM   #2392
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
@Ferous:
Is this UI made specifically for every raidrole, or just for your rogue?

Yes it is :P It's used for all my alts, so I don't have to change anything. Though, I was thinking of making a UI exclusively for my Rogue (Svelte UI is mainly aimed towards my Priest and Paladin and before that it was for my Druid.

Also your Focus Frame is 1 pixel bigger then your own frame + it's overlapping with your debuffs?

I hadn't edited my focus frame yet lol

Then your buffs, they are overlapping the top art. Why? I mean at the bottom art nothing get's overlapped. Same for the minimap tbh.

The actionbars are overlapping the bottom :P

Also the mail text seems so random, all the other things are shown in the bottom bar, why not the mail text too? Why do you even show all those texts? I mean mail could easily be done with a small mailbox icon on the minimap when you have mail. Durability? Just open character screen for 2 seconds and you know it. The text that displays the zone you are, do you EVER use it? Normally you know what zone you're in anyway.

I agree with all this. I had just got SLDT and was unsure of where to put it.

Combat log. I never understood why people use it. In a fight it goes WAY to fast to actually follow, plus if you have to follow it it means you ain't watching the actual combat, thus you're slacking. It isn't even anywhere near the information you should be tracking in combat (Unit Frames, cooldowns, boss timers, ...). I mean, if you're obsessed of knowing how you died or anything else it's easy enough to search for it after combat. But imo it surely doesn't need to be placed in the UI constantly.

I don't really look at the combatlog either, but I need to sort of even the UI out and I don't know what to put on the right I was thinking of putting the minimap back to the right.

And last of all, you should post an actual in combat screenshot with timers and people loosing health and all that stuff.

I did! On the previous page!

@ Led++

I really like your UI setup, but maybe make the targets HP Percent? :P I like to see percent for boss abilities and such. But, that is all I have to say about it. I can't do that minimal, I've tried and well, its all personal preference :P

edit - Here is a combat shot of my UI on gunship.

Last edited by Ferous : 06-02-10 at 03:39 PM.

06-02-10, 04:20 PM   #2393
Wella

You keep making improvements, which is a sign of commitment to the UI. I like what you've changed since the last screenshot, but that target text alignment still bugs me. You could say it's a matter of personal taste, but the thing is, it's not in alignment with anything else - there's no real reason for it to be where it is, so why not make it neater and centralise it? I also think that your fonts are a bit too big sometimes. This is demonstrated well in that particular screenshot, where the target name has to be cut off. You could always use an abbreviated name on the target (the tag for this is [abbrev:name] in SUF), but I think decreasing the font size by one or two would help make things seem a bit neater. I also just noticed that you don't use any form of scrolling combat text, which seems a bit odd, because the default floating combat text is really ugly and just generally sucks.

Also, configure your Focus frames, dammit!
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-02-10, 04:24 PM   #2394
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

LED ++. What the frick.

You win. End of thread :P
I'm a design freak so I love browsing and creating UI's. And I've watched about 10,000 UI Screenshots since wow came out. And you simply nailed it.
Easily top 5. (Edit: As per my opinion)

You have to upload this.
Otherwise I will haunt you until you do.

Or rather post layouts, addons, etc of stuff you have.
I cant seem to find carebears layout. Link?

Last edited by sacrife : 06-02-10 at 04:39 PM.

06-02-10, 04:34 PM   #2395
Wella

Partly to prove a point and partly to express my opinion, whilst I do really like Led's UI there, it is by no means my favourite, or too close to my favourite UI (which is too hard to pick, but the point still stands). At the end of the day, most of it comes down to personal preference, although Led has done an excellent job with his UI, because he has pulled off a UI which seems to primarily show (mostly) what it is needed, when it is needed with the rest of the information close at hand but not intrusive.

So, sacrife, it is merely a matter of opinion. :P

(Still, I would also encourage you to upload your UI to WoWInterface, Led, as I think it would do fantastically well and could inspire many designers to come. It may have the potential to become one of 'the greats'.)
* Recount - Derp

- popmissa

06-02-10, 05:25 PM   #2396
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Wella View Post
Also, configure your Focus frames, dammit!
lol I know :P I've been busy actually playing! :P Instead of playing World of UI Craft :P

06-02-10, 06:07 PM   #2397
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Ive tried to make it less chaotic, but CAN'T LET GO, rofl. C&C welcome, please~
I think it looks good, my big problem? You have like 4 different fonts going on. Also, it looks like your tooltip is covering up your raid frames on the left there. And do you really need both eavesdrop and scrolling combat text? Both give you the same information and its easy enough to set eavesdrop to be positioned in such a way as to appear like a scrolling combat text.

My own interface:

06-02-10, 06:11 PM   #2398
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Led ++, do you use a Mac or do you have gamma/brightness turned down.
Your screen seems dark yet with very vibrant colors.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

06-02-10, 06:15 PM   #2399
Demøn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hey guys, here's a wip. Can you give me some advice?

Everything isn't sized/aligned perfectly because I am still constantly changing everything, so don't mind that. But specifically my problem is with the bottom right corner of the screen: dxe/recount/vuhdo buffwatch. I have found no good way to make the screen look balanced given being in/out of raids (makes dxe disappear) and having recount be empty or full (if it has no background it just looks like some random floating text partway up the side of my screen. And the buffwatch for vuhdo doesn't have too many options, and I don't know how to parent kgpanels to it, even if that would help.

All of the textures and color scheme and the nitpicky 'feel' of this will still be heavily tweaked, but the placement of actionbars/vuhdo/unitframes/map/buffs are 90% how I like them. It's just sorting everything else out around these elements I love you guys for any help you give

BTW Ferous, you get the credit for this setup even though it looks nothing like yours. I made my unit frames and buffs set up like yours

06-02-10, 06:22 PM   #2400
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by v6o View Post
Led ++, do you use a Mac or do you have gamma/brightness turned down.
Your screen seems dark yet with very vibrant colors.
Led++ uses this

well it seems i can't link it lol I'll PM you with the link

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...