07-02-10, 11:45 AM   #1
EricT
A Murloc Raider
Show Target Auras only on mouseover

What I am trying to achieve:

My UI doesn't have any place for the 20+ icons that would be my targets buffs/debuffs however I would like to be able to view them whenever i want to. So the perfect solution in my mind would to be to show target's buffs/debuffs only on mouseover.

What I am doing to achieve this goal:

I'd like to be able to keep my Pitbull4 unit frames however it's impossible to set them up in this way. Indeed no other unit frames out there seem to offer this option. I've tried setting up 2 different unit frames to show 2 different target frames and using Kong UI Hider set the 2nd one to show only when moused over.

What is the problem:

This however failed miserably. It seems hard if not impossible to set up 2 different target frames. It also seems impossible to set a target frame to show only on mouseover even with Kong.

If anyone has any advice as to how could I set the frames in a way the auras would fade or even an advice on how to show my targets auras in an unintrusive manner it'd be much appreciated.
07-02-10, 08:52 PM   #2
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
My question is, why do you need to see all 20+ icons? I use SBF for buffs/debuffs and have a frame set that only shows my debuffs on target (limited to 5), a smaller frame (limited to 10) that shows their buffs and a slightly larger frame (limited again to 5) that shows the debuffs I want to track (generally things like the similar debuffs from other classes or vehicle debuffs for Maly/Oculus/FL). Those 3 are in different spots based off of what makes sense to me and I also get a bit more information from using inline aura as well, that also has reduced the need for some icons.

For an example, I'm a warrior on my main and I honesty could care less whether the mage has living bomb on the target, but I do care that sunders are being applied.
07-02-10, 10:31 PM   #3
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That is what I do as well. I use Satrina Buff Frames, but I have a frame setup for my short buffs and debuffs, target frame setup for only my buffs and debuffs, and that's it :P

But, you can use oUF in order to do what you want, and use a conditional in the line i.e.

if "mouseover" then

Though, I would have to go look at the api... and i'm not too savy yet.
07-03-10, 01:30 AM   #4
EricT
A Murloc Raider
I just like to keep my UI multi-functional. For example I limit the number of target debuffs to 10 because I also PvP and in 3v3/5v5 match 5 can be a little constricting. Displaying them like you are doing Harrell is what i used to do but just trying to clean up my UI at the moment.

Now SBF i somehow totally forgot. Been using them for tons of different aura trackings in the past and it looks like the addon rises to glory again. It even has a "show on mouseover" option built right in. Thanks for the reminder Ferous.
Took me less than 5 minutes to set up and works just as I wanted. Now THAT'S a perfect addon.

Last edited by EricT : 07-03-10 at 01:37 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Show Target Auras only on mouseover