09-09-15, 10:38 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Carbonite's Quest Module & Blizzard's Map

I'm using Carbonite's DEV version dated Sep 6th (which is the most recent version) as of today, Sep 9th.

I don't why but sometime between yesterday and today, Carbonite's Quest module is loading the Blizzard Quest Log & map (and not Carbonite's map) by default whenever I load a character. I haven't added any new software.

The Carbonite option is check-marked to load the Carbonite Map by default.
I also disabled all addons except for Auctioneer addon, Carbonite's Warehouse module, and Carbonite's Social and Punks module. If I disable the Carbonite Quest module, then the Blizzard map does NOT open by default. It's strange because it was working perfectly just the other day, and I have made no changes at all to my system.

Is there something else I can try to do to prevent this issue?
09-09-15, 10:57 PM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
2) I'll by default not take over the global function, and add an option for people to enable if they wish to enable it / using addons with outdated astrolab and having problems.
Thats why^^^. U use Zygor and Carbonite at the same time. Enable this option but then u will have your old problems -> http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...7&postcount=21.

By the way dont make threads when u mentioned this allready in other thread...

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-09-15 at 11:17 PM.
09-10-15, 12:45 AM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

I was using Carbonite (with the Quest module loaded) and Zygor Guides together with no problems for a long time.

Before you continue criticizing me, which you always seem ready to do, please read what I wrote in my previous post.

I said:
"I also disabled all addons except for Auctioneer addon, Carbonite's Warehouse module, and Carbonite's Social and Punks module."

Where do you read in my statement that I was using Zygor at the times I tested?

Also, I don't understand what Rythal said. Plus, I don't know if/when his idea was ever added or will be added. I'm only pointing out an issue that I am encountering now with the most recent DEV version.
09-10-15, 02:59 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Rythal changes on 6th: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...429a10ad949ea2 maybe they are couse of your problems.

Download DEV version before 6th and see if u got the same problems.

p.s. if u want to use DEV version u should follow all Dev threads also frequently check github for changes and issues.

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-10-15 at 03:27 AM.
09-11-15, 10:12 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Rythal changes on 6th: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...429a10ad949ea2 maybe they are couse of your problems.

Download DEV version before 6th and see if u got the same problems.

p.s. if u want to use DEV version u should follow all Dev threads also frequently check github for changes and issues.
Thank you for your reply.

Dear ircdirk, You didn't say how I can "...Download DEV version before 6th." I don't see any way to download previous DEV versions. They aren't listed in the github DEV section, where I expected them to be available. Will you please provide a link to them for me? I may try one even though it would be more out-of-date and less desirable than the current one?

I always try my best to read and understand what's going on, what's changed, etc. I check the github almost every day! But, for a non-coder like myself, it's very difficult to understand. I had always hoped that the [this] "DEV subforum" would list recent changes (hopefully ones which were tested as "working" ones) and an up-to-date PLAIN ENGLISH LIST of issues and their CURRENT STATUS. Such a list was proposed and used in the past, but it seems to have been forgotten.

The github has had no new changes during the last few months (3 months or more) except for "language" (Locale) changes and maybe "TOC" numbers changed (which don't do much for me!). Yet, from what I've read, the github DEV version is the most up-to-date version available for Carbonite. That's why I'm using it and not the completely out-of-date "Live" version. I'm merely trying to find up-to-date files that work and ones that hopefully don't have numerous compatibility issues, etc. Information about Carbonite is scattered all over the forums but, there isn't one single place that provides an understandable, up-to-date, list of changes and whether they are fixed, in-work, proposed, or otherwise!

I don't see any "Plan," or "Current Status" list. I wish one existed and it was kept up-to-date, continually.
Orderly, easily-accessible chronological documentation is not being provided, consistently.
09-11-15, 11:02 AM   #6
nelegalno2
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
Thank you for your reply.

Dear ircdirk, You didn't say how I can "...Download DEV version before 6th." I don't see any way to download previous DEV versions. They aren't listed in the github DEV section, where I expected them to be available. Will you please provide a link to them for me? I may try one even though it would be more out-of-date and less desirable than the current one?
Here is the link for the 9 Aug 2015 version: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...be54c43033.zip
09-11-15, 11:37 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

@Kreelor just do a research how to do something, u arent even trying... use google. I did learned how to use github so i think u can too. I will not learn u everything... but i can give u a hint this time:

U can download whole repository at state (Comit) u want from GitHub thats why its so great:

1. Go to Carb repository choose DEV branch then click on Comit count:

2: then select on which Comit state u want to browse repository:

3: then just click Download ZIP

Last edited by ircdirk : 09-11-15 at 12:34 PM.
09-11-15, 01:30 PM   #8
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by nelegalno2 View Post
Here is the link for the 9 Aug 2015 version: https://github.com/Rythal/Carbonite/...be54c43033.zip
nelegalno2, Thank you for providing a link. That made it very simple to download the out-of-date GIT version. However, the link you provided is an automatic zip download link and it doesn't tell me where you found that link. I wanted to know where I can locate the link (as you did) to previous versions (visually, on the github DEV page, itself) for future use, if I need to do it again someday. I just now looked at that DEV page again, and I don't see such a link. Maybe I'm just missing it?
09-11-15, 01:32 PM   #9
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
nelegalno2, Thank you for providing a link. That made it very simple to download the out-of-date GIT version. However, the link you provided is an automatic zip download link and it doesn't tell me where you found that link. I wanted to know where I can locate the link (as you did) to previous versions (visually, on the github DEV page, itself) for future use, if I need to do it again someday. I just now looked at that DEV page again, and I don't see such a link. Maybe I'm just missing it?
Just read my post it describes that ^^^.
09-11-15, 06:21 PM   #10
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by ircdirk
Just read my post it describes that ^^^.
Thanks. I went back and spent 1/2 hour examining what you posted. I'm not sure, but I think it finally made some sense to me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Dev Talk » Carbonite's Quest Module & Blizzard's Map