12-04-06, 02:04 PM   #1
aybiss14
A Murloc Raider
Character Model Changing.

Hey, I play a human warlock on my server, hellscream.
After several months of wondering around as a big bulky dumb looking human, id like to change my graphic, ive seen it happen alot, night elfs turning their toons into undead....
Druid changing cat form into hogger....

My goal, is to turn my human into a Male undead.

the graphic could be rough, im just trying to get a different casting graphic primarily.

Has this been done before? is it simple? still legal?

If all is all, Id really appreciate some advice on how to go about this.
Im getting sick of consuming thousands of noggenfogger a month just to change to the undead graphic

Last edited by aybiss14 : 12-04-06 at 02:08 PM.

12-04-06, 02:07 PM   #2
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is not legal and goes again the ToS. Wow 2nd time I have seen this come up today. Weird.

12-04-06, 02:10 PM   #3
aybiss14
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bouvi
It is not legal and goes again the ToS. Wow 2nd time I have seen this come up today. Weird.
Why is it illegal? I dont see why it would be, other then personal preference.

They force us to choose a race based on what class and traits we want, whats wrong with wanting something a little less ugly?

12-04-06, 02:11 PM   #4
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It goes against the Terms of Service you agree to everytime you log into the game. When I say not legal I mean in Blizzard's views. They have ways to detect model changes and ban people for it.

12-04-06, 02:13 PM   #5
aybiss14
A Murloc Raider
Damn
That sucks.

12-04-06, 02:15 PM   #6
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Also check out the forum Rules

Especially the part about breaking the ToS, etc.

12-04-06, 02:36 PM   #7
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

And what is when I have a way where Worlfofwarcraft gets automatically my skins/models and i dont need to replace the orginally, is this against the tos too?
From the terms of use:

You agree that you will not (i) modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of a World of Warcraft installation; (ii) create or use cheats, "mods", and/or hacks, or any other third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

Anything that replaces in-game models breaks the Terms of Service.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html

For the full document.

12-04-06, 02:39 PM   #8
Layrajha
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by aybiss14
They force us to choose a race based on what class and traits we want, whats wrong with wanting something a little less ugly?
They didn't force me. I chose my class because of many aspects, and the look was one of them. It's a game, no one will ever take decisions (especially about what character to play or how to play him/her) for me. If you won't want to be ugly, reroll and that's all. I still can't get that :/

Would it help if each class had a racial called "Ugly" or "Pretty look" so people would understand that it's really a part of the game?

12-04-06, 03:42 PM   #9
aybiss14
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Layrajha
They didn't force me. I chose my class because of many aspects, and the look was one of them. It's a game, no one will ever take decisions (especially about what character to play or how to play him/her) for me. If you won't want to be ugly, reroll and that's all. I still can't get that :/

Would it help if each class had a racial called "Ugly" or "Pretty look" so people would understand that it's really a part of the game?
I had to roll alliance, I didnt know anyone on horde side and Everyone I knew was alliance side.

I wanted a caster, dps, Mage or warlock.........Gnome.....or human.

Gnomes look even worse then humans, so im stuck with the least ugly caster dps race.

12-04-06, 04:44 PM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It isn't against Blizzard's rules. Period. End of discussion. Thus, end of discussion.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Character Model Changing.