08-18-16, 07:11 AM   #41
Pryzk
A Murloc Raider
Carbonite <-> Other Addon incompatibility (DH)

So I have seen that if certain other addons are loaded when Carbonite 7x is loaded that the FPS drops to 0-2. Disabling the other addons allows Carbonite to work again however the mapping features hamper DH play as the zones that DH need to find for the quest line (invasion locations) are not being displayed and the full screen map (Carbonite version) no longer scales well.

08-18-16, 08:13 AM   #42
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
First of all do u have latest version from GitHub repositiory? (link in my signature)

08-18-16, 12:00 PM   #43
Casualagent
A Murloc Raider
Carbonte last master.zip FPS drops to 0-15

I have the same problem as Pryzk. My frame rate is at Carbonite activated from 70 to 0-15 FPS. I use the master.zip in ircdirk link.
Excuse my English.

I have now found that everything is on the live server well.
On the beta server because decreases the frame rate as described.

Last edited by Casualagent : 08-18-16 at 07:50 PM.

08-18-16, 02:31 PM   #44
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just concurring with what others are saying, the addon is slaughtering my frame rates. I do have the latest version installed.

08-18-16, 11:44 PM   #45
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

First of all this thread is for PRE-PATCH 7.0.3 not for BETA, so every one that have problems with BETA please move to other topic. Others please confirm problems on 7.0.3 with low fps and please write in which locations does it happen (first disable all other addons) and post possible errors.

Last edited by ircdirk : 08-19-16 at 04:48 AM.

08-20-16, 11:20 AM   #46
Pryzk
A Murloc Raider
More info re: frame-rate addon conflict

I'm running that latest version as downloaded from the links you have provided and I update daily to make sure I'm running the latest code. I'm trying to narrow down which other addons are in conflict now, but it's time consuming since I have a total of 194 addons that I run and only a few seem to cause the frame-rate problem. So far I've turned off gatherer, handy notes, Little Sparky's Workshop, Carbonite - Notes, Carbonite Weekly, Gather Mate, Gather Mate 2, & SlideBar and I'm still getting good frame rates.

08-20-16, 02:45 PM   #47
Pryzk
A Murloc Raider
Nailed it down: Carbonite <> HandyNotes = NOGO

It's Handy notes that has the conflict with Carbonite. Enabling both drives the FPS down to 0-4FPS. This is with Carbonite - Weekly & Carbonite Notes turned off.

08-20-16, 04:32 PM   #48
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Pryzk View Post
It's Handy notes that has the conflict with Carbonite. Enabling both drives the FPS down to 0-4FPS. This is with Carbonite - Weekly & Carbonite Notes turned off.
Carbonite + Handy notes works well for me, no frames drop, but u have to have Carbonite Notes enabled to show Handy notes on Carbonite map.

08-22-16, 12:49 PM   #49
Pryzk
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Carbonite + Handy notes works well for me, no frames drop, but u have to have Carbonite Notes enabled to show Handy notes on Carbonite map.
That may be the case for you, however for me turning on handy notes kills everything. Remember I have 194 total addons that all used to work together w/o problems. Now, the only conflict is handy notes & Carbonite when used in conjunction with other addons.

08-22-16, 08:57 PM   #50
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Pryzk View Post
That may be the case for you, however for me turning on handy notes kills everything. Remember I have 194 total addons that all used to work together w/o problems. Now, the only conflict is handy notes & Carbonite when used in conjunction with other addons.
What he is refering to, is not having handy notes installed at all... Carbonite has it's own built in Handynotes handler which works with Handynotes addons like Handynotes_legion and Handynotes_draenor so they function and draw on the map without Handynotes itself as an addon.

08-22-16, 11:50 PM   #51
eveybaby5
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

letting you know i am having the same problem with my frames going from 125 down to about 7 in about 10 mins with running JUST the map portion of carbonite i have tried running it with all my addons disabled (minus spartan ui) i have only about 47 addons total and only a few active at once i have the latest version as well im patiently waiting a fix been using carbonite for years and i love it thank you all for working to keep it running smoothly

Last edited by eveybaby5 : 08-22-16 at 11:52 PM. Reason: adding a compliment

08-23-16, 09:52 AM   #52
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Whether enabled or disabled, Handy notes doesn't seem to affect my frame rates either way so is unrelated to the Carbonite fps problem -- at least for me.

08-24-16, 10:02 AM   #53
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
The latest version from 8/23 is giving me tons of messages to the effect of "Carbonite Debug title <various things here> does not match."

Examples:

Carbonite Debug title Tooth and Claw does not match
Carbonite Debug title Slay Them All! does not match
Carbonite Debug title City Under Siege does not match

It is continuously doing this.

I'm reverting to the 8/17 version and will wait for another update.

Last edited by Gho123 : 08-24-16 at 10:17 AM.

08-24-16, 11:03 AM   #54
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Gho123 View Post
The latest version from 8/23 is giving me tons of messages to the effect of "Carbonite Debug title <various things here> does not match."

Examples:

Carbonite Debug title Tooth and Claw does not match
Carbonite Debug title Slay Them All! does not match
Carbonite Debug title City Under Siege does not match

It is continuously doing this.

I'm reverting to the 8/17 version and will wait for another update.
Of the quests you listed here, "Slay them All" interestingly enough isn't in the Carbonite database. I looked at the other 2 and double checked them with Wowhead, and the information in the database matches what they have.

However, you aren't the only one who has seen these messages. A similar message was posted in the issues section of Github by someone questing on a level 40 something alt.

Rythal responded by explaining that it is part of his debugging trying to find the cause. Beyond that, as long as you can complete the quests and there are no errors popping up, the latest version as of approximately 11 hours prior to this reply should be just fine.

When I log on later, I'll see if I get any of these messages as well.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 08-24-16 at 11:08 AM.

08-24-16, 11:11 AM   #55
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
...as long as you can complete the quests and there are no errors popping up, the latest version as of approximately 11 hours prior to this reply should be just fine.
By what logic, exactly, do you consider it "just fine" to have these messages continuously popping up?

08-24-16, 12:01 PM   #56
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

By what logic, exactly, do you consider it "just fine" to have these messages continuously popping up?
GitHub version of Carbonite is DEVELOPMENT version and this version may have debug messages as u mentioned. When the RELEASE version will be available or those messages will not be usefull, we will disable them.

08-24-16, 12:11 PM   #57
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
GitHub version of Carbonite is DEVELOPMENT version and this version may have debug messages as u mentioned. When the RELEASE version will be available or those messages will not be usefull, we will disable them.
I understand. This just took me by surprise I suppose since I haven't encountered these issues with any of the previous development versions that have come out since pre-patch. I'll keep it in mind going forward.

As stated previously, I rolled back to the 8/17 version and will continue to use that, since it doesn't have this particular issue. I'll keep a check on future versions.

08-24-16, 12:29 PM   #58
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I understand. This just took me by surprise I suppose since I haven't encountered these issues with any of the previous development versions that have come out since pre-patch. I'll keep it in mind going forward.

As stated previously, I rolled back to the 8/17 version and will continue to use that, since it doesn't have this particular issue. I'll keep a check on future versions.
It isnt an issue, its intented

08-24-16, 12:36 PM   #59
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Just made commit for this. Download recent version from GitHub.

For Rythal: Read comment to this commit

Last edited by ircdirk : 08-24-16 at 12:41 PM.

08-24-16, 12:52 PM   #60
Gho123
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
It isnt an issue, its intented
What word other than 'issue' would you prefer me to use when referring to this particular thing? Would you like me to call it 'that thing?' that 'experience?' Choose your own word pal; I'm easy. I do need to have something to call it though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: General Discussion » Carbonite 7.0.3