09-09-14, 10:06 PM   #1
Synchrony
An Aku'mai Servant
WeakAuras Models

Hey everyone,

I've been messing around with WeakAuras and WoWModelViewer lately, but something I'm finding is that a lot of models that are available/visible in WMV aren't in WeakAuras. That's not to say that I think the models simply aren't available in WeakAuras, but that I think they're out of the frame and I can't find them. I know they're likely available because when I've tried to use models that aren't available, they show the blue-and-white-checkered "error cube" rather than nothing at all. That some spells don't show anything in the frame suggests to me that they're available, just off-screen.

For example, I've been trying to use some priest effects (Flash Heal, Renew, Greater Heal), but can't find it in WA in-game. I've tried changing X/Y/Z values all over the place to no avail. Is there any way I can find out where the model is compared to where WA's frame center is? I saw on one thread that WMV told X/Y/Z values but I don't see that in my version or have any idea where it might be.

Short of setting Z to something super negative and zooming out to oblivion to try to catch a glimpse of the model entering frame and my aforementioned X/Y/Z changing, I'm at a loss.

I hope someone has an idea that will help. Thanks.
09-10-14, 03:51 AM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The reason for this is because WMV can fully read the .m2 file and detect it's center, while ingame you sipmly don't have a function for this. Also WeakAuras can't handle multi textured models, so some model might show up white aka textureless. However the most common x, y, z values to show up a spell are 10 and -10 in WeakAuras, 1000 and -1000 in PowerAuras.
09-10-14, 03:55 PM   #3
Synchrony
An Aku'mai Servant
So if I can't find the model right away in WA, it's either because it's out-of-frame somewhere or it's totally invisible? Meaning that I'll have to spend forever looking for it and it might not even be usable?

Is there a way to know which models might not be usable in WA so I don't waste time searching the WA frame for no reason?

When you say the most common X/Y/Z values are 10/-10, does that mean 10/10/10 and -10/-10/-10 or some combination of 10/-10 (i.e., 0/10/-10 or 0/-10/0)?

Thanks for the help!
09-10-14, 10:26 PM   #4
Synchrony
An Aku'mai Servant
Update: I managed to find Renew/Flash Heal/Greater Heal. Like Resike said, they were at y = 10 (x & z = 0) in WeakAuras. So I at least know they aren't invisible.

Edit: Managed to find many other "missing" models. Thanks again!

Last edited by Synchrony : 09-10-14 at 10:32 PM. Reason: update
09-11-14, 02:47 AM   #5
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Synchrony View Post
So if I can't find the model right away in WA, it's either because it's out-of-frame somewhere or it's totally invisible? Meaning that I'll have to spend forever looking for it and it might not even be usable?

Is there a way to know which models might not be usable in WA so I don't waste time searching the WA frame for no reason?

When you say the most common X/Y/Z values are 10/-10, does that mean 10/10/10 and -10/-10/-10 or some combination of 10/-10 (i.e., 0/10/-10 or 0/-10/0)?

Thanks for the help!
I think all the models are usable, you just might spend an eternity to find it's offset sometimes.

It's depends on the spell really, like imagine the 0,0,0 point for your charater is in on the ground between the legs of your character. If the spell shows around the middle of your character (like most spells do) then it might be visible with 0,10,0 values. However if its a totem, then it's 10,0,0. since it's on the ground. I think you get the idea now.

Why did the Blizzard model creators anchor things like this? Because they are lazy basterds!

Last edited by Resike : 09-11-14 at 02:51 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » WeakAuras Models