09-28-08, 08:08 AM   #1
Zeon
A Defias Bandit
Health bar at longer range?

Hey guys, is there any addon that, shows the health bar at a longer range? I'm talking about this:

As a hunter (and also walock and mage), its annoying that I don't know how much hp the mob have left..
09-28-08, 08:26 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
no there is not.
09-28-08, 01:32 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There is not because it is hard-coded into the game.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-29-08, 02:27 AM   #4
Zeon
A Defias Bandit
aw crap.. =( thx for the replies anyway...

Edit: so how did you guys cope with it? isnt it annoying that you don't know the surrounding enemy's health?

Last edited by Zeon : 09-29-08 at 07:39 AM.
09-29-08, 09:38 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Most players i know dont use the floating heath bars. While i can imagine their usefulness in certain situations i personally think they would clutter the screen especially in a busy area. I just get my health totals from the target frames.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-30-08, 05:20 AM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

The "health bars" you guys are talking about are called "nameplates". Personally I only show enemy nameplates, and only while I'm in combat. Since they're hard-coded to only show within a certain range, they're not terribly useful for ranged classes. I find them most useful for tanking multiple mobs. Generally at range you'll only be attacking one thing at a time anyway, and can use the focus unit to keep track of a particular enemy if you need to.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Health bar at longer range?