Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-27-09, 06:08 PM   #1
zoril
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up No add on button - upgraded from trial to full - please help:)

Hi everyone Firstly I read the sticky thread and also some posts relating to the add on button disappearing, but none seem to help me. My problem is there there is no add on button on the bottom of the screen. I will tell you so far what I did and perhaps you can help me if I made a mistake...My computer is Windows XP SP3.

1.) After the 10 day trial I upgraded and since then I find no add on button.

2.) I do have currently two wow folders one being the trial and the other being the WOW...The WOW folder is not complete yet as currently the 7gb download looks like it will take several days to finish...

3.) I did remove the interface folder and restarted WOW and a new interface folder with the add ons inside was created, but no button at the create character screen. I was out of the game when I tried doing this.

4.) I tried removing a few other folders also CACHE, WDB, and WTF. Before removing the Cache file I had a look inside and there seems to be a WBD inside cache also (0 bytes), that is in the trial folders!

5.) I had to replace those folders back to the original place as the game seemed to be reverting back to the trial version, asking me to upgrade to the main version.

6.)The repair.exe option is not yet available - It currently shows as Repair.exe.part and is 869kb

7.) I currently have no additional add ons.

Any help would be very much appreciated...I would like to point out that my technical ability is distinctly limited......Howard

Last edited by zoril : 10-27-09 at 06:19 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » No add on button - upgraded from trial to full - please help:)