11-18-20, 09:42 AM   #1
DeTesla
A Defias Bandit
Question Main map (m) showing double map?

Hello, this is my first post so i apologise if this is premature.

I have been a fond user of Carbonite for quite a while now, and as i have not found an explanation of this since i got carbonite and discovered the double main map, i figured i'd make an account here and ask the experts.

Below is an image clearly explaining the situation. The smaller map moves as i move, however it is obscuring my view of the main map itself.

Is there a workaround to "disable" this double feature or is it a bug?

This is does not happen on the world map, however it happens for example, as a druid, in the Dreamwalk area.

Other than that, this is my most liked addon to WoW in combination with Bartender and a few other select addons i swear to (since WoW is a bit lacking in its UI customize ability in native)

Last edited by DeTesla : 11-18-20 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added information!
11-18-20, 01:04 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To find out if this is a bug, disable ALL of your other addons (but do not disable Carbonite) and test to see if it still does it. This is the only way to tell if there is a problem with Carbonite. If it doesn't do it, start enabling your other addons one at a time until it starts doing it again. That SHOULD be the problem causer.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
11-18-20, 05:17 PM   #3
DeTesla
A Defias Bandit
Well.. This did not turn out the way i wanted to be honest, so i can only surmise that the bug is not caused by other addons.

11-18-20, 11:06 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunately I can't help you. You will just have to wait for someone else.

It has been four years since I last played WoW, and I don't anticipate ever getting to play it again. My computer had a problem with a surge, and gave up working.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
11-19-20, 12:32 AM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Disable "Show Instance Map". It should not work on this map by default, will check that in spare time.

11-19-20, 06:29 AM   #6
DeTesla
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Disable "Show Instance Map". It should not work on this map by default, will check that in spare time.

Thanks for the response man, however that option didnt pan out in favor, but never the less, i'll survive, i now know what causes it and how to enable disable it, i reckon that consolidation enough.

Edit: Trying to upload a gif showing the end result, however i am having trouble getting it to show even though its embedded in [img] format.

Last edited by DeTesla : 11-19-20 at 06:40 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Main map (m) showing double map?