12-09-20, 04:45 AM   #1
thenightfather
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Spell ID for action cooldown

After using an ability the entire action bar "clocks" for close to one second. I was wanting to know if anyone knows the spell ID (if that's correct) for this waiting period.
12-09-20, 06:37 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That sounds like the global cooldown. I don't know if there is a specific spell ID for that.

If I recall the code correctly, nUI simply checks the standard cooldown for the spell and deducts 2 seconds for the GCD. Whatever is left becomes the cooldown value.

Hopefully someone can confirm one way or another.
12-09-20, 09:20 AM   #3
thenightfather
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
That sounds like the global cooldown. I don't know if there is a specific spell ID for that.

If I recall the code correctly, nUI simply checks the standard cooldown for the spell and deducts 2 seconds for the GCD. Whatever is left becomes the cooldown value.

Hopefully someone can confirm one way or another.
Found something: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=61304/global-cooldown

ID would be 61304 (you can probably tell anyhow). WoW servers are being restarted at the moment, just excited to share a possible answer. Will update in a hour (9:19 am central right now).
12-09-20, 09:37 AM   #4
thenightfather
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The Whole Point

I got the GCD event to activate Bartender 4 as STATUS trigger type using the Global Cooldown status variable. I wanted a bar to show GCD as I'm activating abilities between castings. It works. It's the green left to right ticker bar:

https://imgur.com/0fPEeUi
12-09-20, 01:03 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The GCD has a base time of 1.5 seconds (not 2), which can be lessened by talents/abilities or haste. Not all spells/abilities trigger the GCD.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-20, 01:52 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The GCD has a base time of 1.5 seconds (not 2), which can be lessened by talents/abilities or haste. Not all spells/abilities trigger the GCD.
Thanks for refining this. I knew it was short and not on all spells but not having written nUI myself I don't know precisely what it does but a deduction of 2 rings a bell so Scott may have round it up. And used the cooldown functionality to do the rest including not show a cooldown if one isn't needed.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Spell ID for action cooldown