04-15-09, 07:58 PM   #1
Dogai
A Defias Bandit
Confused difference

Hey, new here been using carbonite for about a month and been playing WoW for about 2 months.

Anyway i downloaded Carbonite-3.001 and i thought i would have everythng i did when i had 2.02(sounds old but worked well for em ). Well i was reading the "Read Me" that came with the download and it says Carbonite and Carbonite Quest are 2 different things.

Basically my question is not whats the difference. It's simply where can i get the new carbonite quest already.

Am sad i missed 3 days of lvling . I HATE YOU BLIZZARD!!! am j/k ILY

04-15-09, 08:22 PM   #2
Spectral2k
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Carbonite quest was carbonite with some of the features missing. The full version had a subscription fee. Recently Blizzard changed the terms for addons forbidding addon creators from charging for them so Carbonite quest was discontinued and the full version of carbonite made freely available. Carbonite can do everything Carbonite Quest could do plus more so you're not losing anything.

Although it is now technically free I strongly urge you to donate using the paypal links on the download page. Since they can no longer charge a sub they are relying solely on the donations to fund the addon which takes a lot of time to make and maintain.

04-15-09, 08:35 PM   #3
Dogai
A Defias Bandit
K thanx i will definatley donate they helped me in everything.

one more things is that i dont have the map that i need to help me quest.

am pretty sure i placed everything in the interface -->addon folder of WoW.

then i checked the addon at my character screen select and enabled all, and i still get nothing. theres no logo when i start the game. theres nothing just WoW naked basically lol.

04-15-09, 08:47 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you make sure "load out of date" was checked off in the addon screen also? It's a common issue lately

And also did you delete the original Carbonite folders in your addon directory first, or did you overwrite when you extracted the files? Deleting the originals in your addon directory is always a good step

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Confused difference