04-26-11, 08:22 PM   #1
ShetiPhian
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
RE: DanceMusic

I've never uploaded an addon before so I'm not sure what the proper procedure is.

Dance Music by Robsato
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anceMusic.html

This addon hasn't been undated in a while, I've recoded parts of it and added features.

What I'm not sure is how I share this update.

Do I submit it as a new addon, (DanceMusic - Fan Update) giving Robsato credit and link back to the original?

Should I upload it as a patch to his original, making it appear under optional files? (would it appear as an updated addon for 4.1?)

Maybe recode the whole thing upload it as new and credit Robsato for helping (even as I type that is just seems wrong)

I'm stuck
04-26-11, 08:44 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Robsato has enabled the upload of optional files and patches to his addon, so that would be the best way to go. I would still label it as a "Fan Update", but you can still have your own page for it, tag it as compatible with 4.1, have it show up in the updated list, etc., etc. Plus it will be linked with the original.

In order to do so, go to the Optional Files tab of the download page and click on either "Upload Optional Patch" or "Upload Optional AddOn". They both do the same thing, it's just an internal flag for either link.

/edit: but first talk to Robsato about your changes. He was just active on the site today! Maybe he'll roll your changes into the main download or add you as a contributing author to the project.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-26-11, 08:52 PM   #3
ShetiPhian
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you

I didn't even think to look at Robsato's page to see when he was last on I just looked at the addon date.

I'll contact him now.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » RE: DanceMusic