10-22-16, 03:58 PM   #1
Sapu94
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GetItemInfoInstant() Game Crash

Running the following two commands in-game consistently causes the game to crash (error #132).

Code:
/run for itemId = 20000, 23000 do GetItemInfoInstant(itemId) end
/reload
Doing 2k requests does not cause a crash. I couldn't find the exact threshold since it didn't appear to be constant, even with no addons enabled. Doing it as 3 separate requests (1k items each) still results in a crash.

My addons do use this API quite a bit, as it seems to be the best way to get the information it provides, rather than calling GetItemInfo(). Having the game crash every time I reload my UI is quite annoying :P.

I'm guessing GetItemInfoInstant() is caching results somewhere, and calling it so many times in a given session is corrupting the cache somehow, leading to a crash when the UI loads next.

FWIW, I believe this started happening with 7.0.3.22810 as the first time it crash log I have is 10/14, and I generally just open WoW on the weekends.

Last edited by Sapu94 : 10-22-16 at 04:05 PM.

10-22-16, 04:11 PM   #2
Sapu94
A Murloc Raider
Good news! Looks like this is fixed on the 7.1 PTR. Hopefully that same fix makes it into the release

10-26-16, 08:57 PM   #3
Sapu94
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Sapu94 View Post
Good news! Looks like this is fixed on the 7.1 PTR. Hopefully that same fix makes it into the release
Maybe I spoke too soon, but this definitely happens on live

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Archived Beta Forums » Legion Beta archived threads » GetItemInfoInstant() Game Crash