08-19-09, 09:52 AM   #1
Daltanious
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BOLT - Offical Thread

Any comments, suggestions, bug reports and ideas are welcomed!

BOLT download page

v.1.58 released !

** TO DO **

IMPROVEMENTS
  • Key bindings for the spell refresh
  • Support for Button Facade

ADDITIONAL TIMERS
  • Flash of Light HOT timer
  • Divine Plea

Last edited by Daltanious : 02-01-10 at 02:51 PM.
08-21-09, 05:48 PM   #2
pidgebc
A Murloc Raider
A few suggestions

Since it's obviously designed for a Holy Paladin, maybe it would be ideal to add some more trackers in it. I haven't tried the addon myself yet, so I apologize if this has already been done. I'm just installing it now to see how I like it.

Sacred Shield Timer. A timer to recognize sacred shield timer would be great as well. But keep in mind talents in prot that increase the duration.

Add a timer to show the HoT from Sacred Shield + FoL. Would be nice to be able to track the duration of that HoT a little better.

Click to refresh. Allow the timer/icon to be clicked to refresh the buff on that target.

Again, I'm sorry if any or all of those are in it, but that would make a very great Holy Pally addon if they are.
08-22-09, 07:19 AM   #3
Daltanious
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by pidgebc View Post
Since it's obviously designed for a Holy Paladin, maybe it would be ideal to add some more trackers in it. I haven't tried the addon myself yet, so I apologize if this has already been done. I'm just installing it now to see how I like it.
BOLT born for personal use only because I feel very annoying (and mana wasting) the random spam on my assigned beacon target. For a bit more time I will focus mainly on basic fuctionality (scaling, ui lock, better events handling) because I'm a noob in lua programming and wow interface developing.

Sacred Shield Timer. A timer to recognize sacred shield timer would be great as well. But keep in mind talents in prot that increase the duration.
Its a nice idea, useful more for protection pala but not only (as holy I use SS too). I dont think it will take too much time to be implemented, i will add to my to do list.

Add a timer to show the HoT from Sacred Shield + FoL. Would be nice to be able to track the duration of that HoT a little better.
Another nice idea. Added to the to do list!

Click to refresh. Allow the timer/icon to be clicked to refresh the buff on that target.
Nice functionality but I dont think it possible via code (refresh a buff in combat).

Again, I'm sorry if any or all of those are in it, but that would make a very great Holy Pally addon if they are.
As I wrote before... your ideas are greatly appreciated and I added it to my To Do list.
09-09-09, 04:13 AM   #4
cycopoet
A Defias Bandit
Like the addon, thanks

I found an addon called bolz that someone had made a while back on their personal page. It brings up a list that allows you to select a person from your group/raid to be the target of your Beacon of Light and then you can simply click on it to refresh the spell. Not sure if that would be a direction you would like to take this addon but it would be awesome since I definitely like the larger icons with the larger cooldown counter.
09-09-09, 08:02 AM   #5
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by cycopoet View Post
Like the addon, thanks

I found an addon called bolz that someone had made a while back on their personal page. It brings up a list that allows you to select a person from your group/raid to be the target of your Beacon of Light and then you can simply click on it to refresh the spell. Not sure if that would be a direction you would like to take this addon but it would be awesome since I definitely like the larger icons with the larger cooldown counter.
Aye, clicking the timers would be nice. It would make you the chef of the holy bacon.

If you change your target that will receive your bacon then the timer could update the name and time to set it to the target text, and after combat ends it could update the spell target. (using secureactionbutton:SetAttribute("target", "raid20") for example)

This is how the timers from ZOMGBuffs work.

Last edited by ravagernl : 09-09-09 at 08:06 AM.
09-10-09, 08:43 AM   #6
Daltanious
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Aye, clicking the timers would be nice. It would make you the chef of the holy bacon.

If you change your target that will receive your bacon then the timer could update the name and time to set it to the target text, and after combat ends it could update the spell target. (using secureactionbutton:SetAttribute("target", "raid20") for example)

This is how the timers from ZOMGBuffs work.

At the moment I'm using a macro to renew the Beacon buff, before a boss pull I set the macro accordingly to the healing assignments.

Add a focus-like feature to BOLT and the possibility to renew the buff just clicking... nice idea. I will add to the to do list!
09-14-09, 08:22 PM   #7
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'd much rather see a Judgements of the Pure timer than a FoL/Divine Plea timer.
09-15-09, 03:41 AM   #8
Daltanious
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dainton View Post
I'd much rather see a Judgements of the Pure timer than a FoL/Divine Plea timer.
Added to the to do list!
09-16-09, 10:53 PM   #9
ave0000
A Kobold Labourer
Class Colors

Hi, first of all I want to thank you for making a simple and extremely useful addon, it has significantly improved my ability to heal.

Before I saw your latest version I went ahead and made a SS version for myself, by pretty much just changing the spellID. Excellent coding!

Getting to the point, I was poking through the code and noticed that BOLTButton:SetNamePlate() could be improved. I thought, hey there must be a better way to figure out class -> color. So I poked around and made two changes.

Swapped the initialization of targetClass in StartTimer:
Code:
function BOLTButton:StartTimer(targetName)
	self.targetName = targetName
	_, self.targetClass = UnitClass(targetName)
Then I trimmed SetNamePlate to:
Code:
function BOLTButton:SetNamePlate()
	local red,green,blue
	local displayName

local c = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[self.targetClass] or {r = 0.75, g = 1, b = 0.75}
	red, green, blue = c.r, c.g, c.b

-- in any case... trunc at 12 chars lenght
	displayName = string.sub(self.targetName,1,5)	
	self.frameBtn.namePlate:SetText(displayName)
	self.frameBtn.namePlate:SetTextColor(red, green, blue, 1)	-- visible by default
end
I think this also has the advantage of being more localization friendly. So give it a try, and let me know how it goes.
09-17-09, 09:23 AM   #10
Daltanious
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by ave0000 View Post
Hi, first of all I want to thank you for making a simple and extremely useful addon, it has significantly improved my ability to heal.
This is exactly the reason why I wrote BOLT, I'm very happy of that

Swapped the initialization of targetClass in StartTimer:
Code:
function BOLTButton:StartTimer(targetName)
	self.targetName = targetName
	_, self.targetClass = UnitClass(targetName)
Yes, your use of the EnglishClass instead of LocalizedClass is a lot better.

Getting to the point, I was poking through the code and noticed that BOLTButton:SetNamePlate() could be improved. I thought, hey there must be a better way to figure out class -> color. So I poked around and made two changes.

Then I trimmed SetNamePlate to:
Code:
function BOLTButton:SetNamePlate()
	local red,green,blue
	local displayName

local c = RAID_CLASS_COLORS[self.targetClass] or {r = 0.75, g = 1, b = 0.75}
	red, green, blue = c.r, c.g, c.b

-- in any case... trunc at 12 chars lenght
	displayName = string.sub(self.targetName,1,5)	
	self.frameBtn.namePlate:SetText(displayName)
	self.frameBtn.namePlate:SetTextColor(red, green, blue, 1)	-- visible by default
end
I didn't know the RAID_CLASS_COLORS table use, your suggestion is excellent and I will use from the next release.
05-04-10, 08:53 PM   #11
lippy
A Kobold Labourer
I accidentally put one of the three buttons pulled off-screen, please tell me how I came back to find him, or tell me how it can restore the three buttons to the default position, I adjusted by myself, thanks
10-13-10, 05:59 PM   #12
Decent
A Kobold Labourer

need update for 4.0.1 :>
10-14-10, 01:21 PM   #13
Dariandard
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Please Update for 4.0

Please update this for 4.0, it was one of my ESSENTIAL tools for raiding. Thank you

Sånctus - Shu'Halo Endgame

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » BOLT - Offical Thread