04-20-09, 01:13 PM   #1
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
WoWI's old AddOn Updater

The best way to use our old AddOn updater is to first create a free WoWInterface account and login to the site. Then visit the pages of the AddOns you use and click the button directly below the download button.

Once you have all your AddOns marked as favorites, download and install the old WoWInterface UI Manager[Please Note]: There is a bug that you will need to work around to make it behave for Linux. All you need to do is from a command-line, type: ln -s AddOns Addons
This creates the symbolic link "Addons" which points to the "AddOns" directory. Thank you to Torhal for telling us the fix.

The download is a zipfile and may require you install a program to decompress the file with winzip (the free trial works fine) or winrar (again the free trial works). If you download from the internet regularly you probably already have one of these programs installed. Another good option to consider is 7-Zip, which is completely free.

Open the zip file using the above mentioned programs and run the Setup.msi (on windows) and follow the prompts to install our updater. You will then see a nice "WoWInterface UI Manager" icon on your desktop.

Mac users just need to extract the program to a folder either on their desktop or applications folder and run the wowiupdater.jar file.

Once you start the program you may be prompted to find your World of Warcraft application.

Enter your WoWInterface login information as this is how it finds the favorites you marked. If you are a person with a space in your name there is currently a bug with the patcher that requires you to login like this: Mister%20Ed (use %20 instead of a space) This of course is fixed along with all the other quirks and bugs in the new updater we are working on.

Choose to install All Favorites. Or you can select some of the favorites from the left and selectively install them.

Now you should see the updater look something like below. Just confirm each AddOn and you'll be all set.

Current users feel free to post any advice you may have as well.

Keep in mind that this is our old AddOn Updater. Our new updater, that is currently in the alpha phase of testing and development, will auto detect and find all the AddOns you have already installed. It will also allow you to search our entire database of AddOns and install them right from the updater. Another feature it has it will allow other sites to write plugins so the updater works with their site. I just wanted to post about our older updater so people could use it if they wanted until our new AddOn updater is finished.

Please keep all discussion about Wowmatrix in this thread.

Last edited by Cairenn : 04-21-09 at 04:07 AM.
04-20-09, 02:53 PM   #2
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I've gone back to WoWI's old updater twice, and I kept getting errors. I think I'll just wait as patiently as I can for the new updater. >_<
04-20-09, 06:15 PM   #3
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The old updater almost works for me - I'm using Linux, and it didn't see my AddOns at all. I decided to install all of my favorites, and it proceeded to download them. Then I went into my Interface dir and saw this:

Code:
Addons
AddOns
...which explains why it didn't see my AddOns, as Linux is case-sensitive.

Back to using Favorites from the RSS feed until the new updater arrives.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-21-09, 11:22 AM   #4
Scalebane
A Fallenroot Satyr

So will we still be able to use this old updater after the new one comes out?

I actually really like it and have never had issues with it. =)
04-21-09, 11:46 AM   #5
Chibi
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally, I just moved the mods over from Addons to AddOns and deleted the new folder and renamed the existing one :3 so now they're all in Addons, because linux cares, but wow-via-wine doesn't.
05-02-09, 10:42 AM   #6
nemof
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi. I'm looking forward to using WI's new installer, does it have a release schedule or is it "when it's done"?

Also, do you has there been a feature freeze? Will you be able to update all your addons at once?
05-02-09, 11:57 AM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi nemof,

A lot of your questions are posted in our FAQ about the new updater. If you have any questions after reading it, please feel free to post in that forum.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-23-10, 09:20 AM   #8
slopoke
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Internet error

Debian Lenny, Updater ver. 0.2.10

Just tried to update my addons. Program opens as usual, but this is in the message box: Unable to read favorites list. Check your internet connection and try again.

Internet is fine (I'm posting this).
08-23-10, 04:40 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by slopoke View Post
Debian Lenny, Updater ver. 0.2.10

Just tried to update my addons. Program opens as usual, but this is in the message box: Unable to read favorites list. Check your internet connection and try again.

Internet is fine (I'm posting this).
Unh, are you talking about our old (depreciated) updater, or our new one? If the old one, it isn't supported any more, it's dead. If the new one, please post in the Minion forum.

Also, depending on when you got that error, it may have been while we were moving the site to new servers, so it errored out until the DNS updated ...
08-24-10, 12:00 PM   #10
nonameform
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Still not working (yes, the old updater). Even though it's officially discontinued, I'm going to use it until it just refuses to run on my PC. Last time I tried the new updater, it messed more things up than it fixed, so I've decided to stick with the one that was actually working and posted a bug report (long time ago).

Doesn't really look like it was a DNS problem since the updater tries to read http://www.wowinterface.com/patcher/favs/[stuff-no-one-needs-to-know]/nonameform.xml which is simply not there anymore as it seems to me.
08-24-10, 12:09 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Spoke with Dolby about this, he says it is the same issue as here.

[Edit] Okay, Dolby says it should be fixed now. Let us know if you have any more problems with it.

Last edited by Cairenn : 08-24-10 at 12:37 PM.
08-24-10, 01:10 PM   #12
nonameform
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks a bunch. Working fine now.
08-26-10, 08:11 AM   #13
Granbr
Banned
it's working for me now!

Thanks
10-15-10, 11:42 AM   #14
adeptik
A Defias Bandit