12-09-09, 05:23 PM   #1
Kaloux
A Defias Bandit
ColorSelect

Hi there!
I'm very pleased of WoW's GUI, so I'm trying to implement a very similar system for my own game.
So far I managed to get almost everything working, but I have hard times understanding how the ColorSelect widget works.

More precisely, I'm in trouble with the special textures : "ColorWheelTexture", "ColorWheelThumbTexture", "ColorValueTexture" and "ColorValueThumbTexture".
I understand the use of the first two, but not the others. Can you help me figure that out ?

On top of that, I've looked at how they are used in user made addons, and every time, the "ColorWheelTexture" and the "ColorValueTexture" are not assigned any texture file (nor color). I suppose they are handled internally, but I don't have an active WoW account to test them...
Do you know what happens if you define the "file" attribute of these two textures ?

Thanks for you time,
Kal.
12-09-09, 05:48 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

Sounds like these are textures used for the color section frame found in some interface options.
12-10-09, 11:43 AM   #3
Kaloux
A Defias Bandit
Yeah, I've already figured that out I'm interested in a more detailed overview.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » ColorSelect