10-14-10, 11:06 PM   #1
wolfraven9
A Kobold Labourer
Problem with NPCSCAN

I just downloaded Npcscan and it does not appear to be working properly. EVERY TIME I go into Dalaran it shows that Skoll has just appeared. IS this because others have him as a pet? Please let me know if I am doing something wrong
10-14-10, 11:10 PM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by wolfraven9 View Post
I just downloaded Npcscan and it does not appear to be working properly. EVERY TIME I go into Dalaran it shows that Skoll has just appeared. IS this because others have him as a pet? Please let me know if I am doing something wrong
Is it warning you in chat, or via the BIG warning with the sound effect? Either way, it's most likely that you're seeing Skoll as a pet. Did you download the latest version? It was just updated today, iirc.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
10-23-10, 06:28 PM   #3
maxkungli22
A Kobold Labourer

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Is it warning you in chat, or via the BIG warning with the sound effect? Either way, it's most likely that you're seeing Skoll as a pet. Did you download the latest version? It was just updated today, iirc.
i dont get how to download it beacase i press download then it goes to my files in computer so i press npcscan and its pops all the files in that so what do i doo?????
10-23-10, 06:36 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
From the addon's download page:
The only problem mobs for _NPCScan are tamable beasts. Even when you run across the tamed version, _NPCScan gets tricked into thinking that mob is nearby. In order to prevent those false positives, _NPCScan only shows alerts for tamable mobs in their original zones. That is, if you spot Loque'nahak in Dalaran instead of Sholazar Basin where it usually patrols, _NPCScan would ignore it. When one of these tamable mob false-alarms happens, you'll see a message in your chat window explaining why it got ignored.
If you're having trouble downloading/installing a new version of the addon, see here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problem with NPCSCAN