10-29-10, 10:53 AM   #1
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Hi

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and if there is a fix for it, and rather or not its an addon Im using or a problem w/ blizzard. Anyway, my issue is this... mobs names (not nameplates/healthbars, just names) show on mobs and its really annoying. Started after 4.0.1 patch. When I get closer to the mob, the name turns into their nameplate, which is what its suppose to do but the name shouldnt be there. Also, its even still there when the mob is dead, their name will be there in gray.
10-29-10, 11:23 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This is a setting in Interface Options. It may have been turned back on with the 4.0.1 patch, as a couple of other options have been.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-29-10, 11:36 AM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Also, new in 4.0.1, if the mob is related to a quest that you have in your Quest Log, it's name will show up, no matter what the settings are in the Interface Options.
10-29-10, 03:59 PM   #4
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
This is a setting in Interface Options. It may have been turned back on with the 4.0.1 patch, as a couple of other options have been.
Mind telling me exactly where? I have looked and I see all the name related options, and I do not see a way to turn names (not nameplates) off on mobs.
10-29-10, 06:15 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Nameplates being on/off are not a setting in Interface Options. So, where you are looking is correct. There are checkboxes for your own name, others', guild titles, npcs, pets, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Hi