10-28-10, 04:20 PM   #1
teteiyusu
A Defias Bandit
Completely lost. =(

Hey all,

I was hoping that I could possibly get some help and understanding as how to understand how to use these packages. I have tried hard to understand and even build my own but I just can never figure out how people do it. Mine always end up all over the place nand horrible. So I have been trying to just download ones I like and then edit them to be used on my DK.

The only issue is... when I do it it seems to fail =(
I've been trying to get this one currently, but have had the same issue with all of them:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...esolution.html

I try and follow everything to the letter in the installtions but still I find myself logging in and being fluttered with everything being out of place and mashed together into the center of my screen and just out of whack.

I have tried loading profiles and it seemed to work for bartender but everything else it seemed to not work... Normally I am decent at thewse things.
But I have been getting very flustered over it all.

Could really use some help please!
I'd love to experience the great compliations everyone has put such work into to make them look so great!

Thank you in advance for any help!
10-28-10, 08:08 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You say that you are following the directions exactly, but could you please walk us through - step-by-step - on what you are doing in order to install?

(I would also like to remind you to use your actual WoW account name and not your battle.net login, though you say that you see the profile for Bartender...)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-28-10, 09:34 PM   #3
teteiyusu
A Defias Bandit
Install Instructions
(Also included in the download)

1. Make a backup of your Interface and your WTF folders, as for your macros.
2. Download and unzip the UI package into a new folder.
3. Open the WTF of your UI package and change the folders ACCOUNTNAME (has to be in caps), your servername, your charactername
4. Select the WTF folder for your resolution and copy and overwrite the WTF and Interface folders into your WoW copy. Re-name it to WTF, once you are done

********************************************************************************************************************

5. After starting WoW, make sure every addon is enabled
6. On the Esc > Interface > Video menu, set your resolution to 1680x1050

7. For UIscaling type or paste in chat the following:
/console useUiScale 1
/console uiscale 0.75999999046326

8. Type into your chat /reflux switch bubu1680UI

These are the ones I am following step by step.

and Yes I am using my orginal account name not my bnet login.

Maybe I messed up somewhere but I dun think I did.
10-30-10, 01:20 AM   #4
teteiyusu
A Defias Bandit
Nothing? =(
10-30-10, 07:27 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I asked for you to explain what you are doing step-by-step. I had read on the download page what the instructions said to do.

Or perhaps you need to give more information? Maybe a screenshot?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Completely lost. =(