10-13-10, 01:15 PM   #1
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Blizzard released new add-on kit files!

They have addressed the problems add-on authors have been having, and released the art files necessary for them to update their add-ons..

From official Blizz poster "Nethaera":

-----
With the recent release of patch 4.0.1 many add-on authors may have noticed that the AddOn Kit will no longer automatically extract the lua/xml and art files from the player’s installed version of WoW. These files are now available on the World of Warcraft site in our Technical Support pages here and can be downloaded directly.
---

Hopefully this helps out the Carbonite devs

EDIT: bolded two words to indicate this is for devs, not end users!

Last edited by DJ Particle : 10-13-10 at 05:32 PM.

10-13-10, 01:46 PM   #2
dardoran
A Kobold Labourer
i am having problems with carbonite and the new 4.0 patch in wow and i was wondering what to do with this zip file im downloading? is this a fix to make carbonite work again?

10-13-10, 01:56 PM   #3
Volsfan
A Defias Bandit
No, this is just the information the developers of add-ons need (Not Carbonite specific). The tool kit originally extracted files from the users installed version of WoW.

10-13-10, 02:21 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It completely does not belong in this forum, is the problem. It should have been posted in the Dev Discussions section of the site. It's not something for end users.

10-13-10, 05:30 PM   #5
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
It completely does not belong in this forum, is the problem. It should have been posted in the Dev Discussions section of the site. It's not something for end users.
Where is that? I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Blizzard released new add-on kit files!