01-05-10, 12:43 PM   #1
Bodasafa
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Making My UI in Different Resolutions.

I am the creator of the UI compilation "Boda UI". Since its popularity has grown over the years I have had numerous requests to make it for other resolutions. I see that other UI Creators have their compilations available in several different resolutions and was wondering how they accomplish it.

How much work is involved?

Do you need a bunch of different monitors?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
01-12-10, 11:46 AM   #2
eddiemars
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hey, I recently made a couple UI compilations and I was mulling over this idea a bit while making them.

I think there is 1 somewhat simple way to make your UI fit all resolutions, but you would need to go into the lua of your addons a bit. If you change the anchor point of everything in your UI to the respective points for where you would want that frame to be then it would work for all sizes. You would also have to set your black bar at the bottom to '100%' width if that is possible with KGpanels (if not, I suggest LitePanels). So, for example, you would go into pitbull and set the UIParent point to BOTTOM, instead of what it is naturally set at (TOPLEFT I think). Then you would simply set the X and Y positions to make the frames appear at the same spot they are now. If someone has a wider or smaller screen, they will stay anchored there to the bottom. Basically you do this to all your addons, though not all will choose 'BOTTOM' as the point. Some, like your map, you will choose 'BOTTOMRIGHT'. Your SBF frames, 'TOPRIGHT' etc. Hope this is helpful.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Making My UI in Different Resolutions.