Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-12-16, 07:06 PM   #1
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Quest module hangs WoW, but only on SOME toons

I have a new one on the quest module front. The last few downloads from github cause WoW to hang as soon as the quest module loads, but only on a couple of my toons (so far). I've confirmed this by disabling all but Carbonite, still hangs. If I then disable Quest, all is well on those toons. I've removed all Carbonite folders from AddOns and re-applied the github version, cleared saved variables (both for those toons and then all toons), same result. If I go back to the version currently on Curse, it works. No debug messages as it hangs WoW completely to the point I have to alt-tab and kill it from Task Manager. Lvl 51 ally warrior in the Shrine, lvl 49 horde warlock in ORG. I can try and move them out of heavy CRZ and see if it happens 'in the field' if that might help.

For now, I'll continue with the latest github version and just avoid those toons, or disable quest when I play them, as I'm in need of the WQ fix on my 110s.

Hoping this sheds some light on the recent Quest module weirdness. At the least it may give a starting point to see what's changed in Quest since the version on Curse.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Quests Module » Quest module hangs WoW, but only on SOME toons