01-02-08, 02:25 PM   #1
Violencez
A Kobold Labourer
anti-Feign Death

Prior to BC I used to have a mod that when a hunter feigned death it would auto retarget the hunter for me as long as I didn't click on another target. I don't know if there was a change to this since it totaly destorys the ablity of the hunter, but I'm kinda getting tired when hunters get away in execute range in the arenas.
01-02-08, 02:28 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Can't be done anymore. 2.0 stopped allowing mods to auto-target.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
01-02-08, 03:26 PM   #3
aahal743
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
lmfao it is people like you who annnoy me... not really but yeah. i hated when people used that mod on me because i am a hunter myself and loved using feign death but that auto target mod ruined it ...

on the other hand though on my other character i used that mod too so...

ne ways though ya 2.3 got rid of that auto target sutffs...
01-02-08, 04:13 PM   #4
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

hm, seems like alot of people had it "easy" prior BC, its a good thing they changed almost all of the API. Well, game play wise, requires more skill now? There were a few other mods that "did" stuff for you, like the bar mod that would change depending on how close your target was. Ah well, sorry but you just gotta re target them again, it just requires people to do ONE more thing and get away from laziness

Though i do sympathize for mod developers who had to re-write their mods, dont get me wrong.
01-02-08, 08:59 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by aahal743
lmfao it is people like you who annnoy me... not really but yeah. i hated when people used that mod on me because i am a hunter myself and loved using feign death but that auto target mod ruined it ...

on the other hand though on my other character i used that mod too so...

ne ways though ya 2.3 got rid of that auto target sutffs...
So you did what annoyed even yourself? Some would call that hypocritical...

Anyway, it was 2.0 (over a year ago) that broke that, not 2.3.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-02-08, 09:10 PM   #6
Bam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sithraza
Well, game play wise, requires more skill now?
No. Just more button-clicks.

Anyway, it's going too far saying it ruined Feign Death in my opinion. The main effect in PvP was to break spell casting of your enemy. The auto-target addons didn't prevent that obviously.

But I wonder, isn't it just a simple matter of making a macro that does /targetlasttarget? Wouldn't a macro like this work?

Code:
/targetlasttarget [noharm]
/cast Whatever

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » anti-Feign Death