02-27-11, 05:21 PM   #1
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Reset Minimap Zoom

At certain times, like when I first log in or when I've finished a bunch of quests in an area and then port to Stormwind, the minimap will appear zoomed way out. Sometimes, moving will cause the minimap to zoom in appropriately, but not always. Is there a way to make the Carbonite minimap zoom in to where the regular minimap is a full circle inside the Carbonite minimap?

02-27-11, 10:13 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Palladia View Post
At certain times, like when I first log in or when I've finished a bunch of quests in an area and then port to Stormwind, the minimap will appear zoomed way out. Sometimes, moving will cause the minimap to zoom in appropriately, but not always. Is there a way to make the Carbonite minimap zoom in to where the regular minimap is a full circle inside the Carbonite minimap?
OK. First things first: There is no Carbonite minimap. There is one Carbonite map and it is either minimized or maximized (that would be the equivalent of Blizzards world map) or closed (not on screen). Blizzard has three separate maps: The World Map, the Minimap, and the "Zone" map (sometimes referred to as the battleground map). The Carbonite map and Blizzards minimap can be merged, but either way, there is no Carbonite minimap. Perhaps a technicality, but it is what it is.

That being said: You can restore the minimized map scale by right clicking a non icon area and choosing "Restore map scale" in the menu.

When the maps are merged there is no way to keep them both constantly the same size. This is because of the differences in the way both maps zoom. Blizzards minimap has only six levels of zoom, but Carbonites minimized map is capable of "infinite" zoom.

02-28-11, 04:31 AM   #3
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Okay, I understand your corrected terminology, so I'll restate my problem.

With the Carbonite (minimized) map and the minimap merged, what I consider to be normal when I'm on the ground and I have not intentionally zoomed out, is for the minimap circle to take up a significant amount of the Carbonite minimized map. I understand that they can't always be the same size, but I'm talking about a situation where it would be normal for the minimap circle to be a reasonable size.

However, contrary to what I expect to happen, the Carbonite map is zoomed way out and the WoW minimap is minimized in the corner. This happens in several situations, but a typical one is this: I'm doing Archaeology and Archy has set a waypoint to the next digsite. I fly to a nearby flight point and then head to the waypoint. During my traveling, of course, the Carbonite map displays at a zoom big enough to include my current location and the waypoint location. I hit the location and the waypoint clears. At that point, the Carbonite map zooms way out and the WoW minimap minimizes into the corner. I then have to manually zoom it back in so I can see the dig locations. When I do this, the WoW minimap circle returns to a normal size.

This also sometimes happens on login or after porting to a city.

I tried using "Restore map scale" but got a message saying that no map scale was set.

02-28-11, 10:01 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In that case, when everything on your minimized map looks the way you like it to look, right click a non icon area of the map and click on the "Set map scale" option in the menu.

Look in the Carbonite main folder (in your "AddOns" folder) for a text file called "CarboniteReadMe" and, well, read through it. It should explain quite a bit about how Carbonite works and the different things you can do with it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Reset Minimap Zoom