05-11-11, 10:42 AM   #1
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Exclamation Quest Complete question mark not showing

I have noticed that sometimes, those quests that need an update, the ones that don't need you to go back to the quest giver, well sometimes, the little question mark fails to appear by the quest in the on-screen quest list. The red writing telling me to click the '?' is there, but no '?' shows.

If I log out, disable Carbonite from the Addons list, then log back in, it works, but without Carbonite, my experiance is degraded. So I have to log out and re-log back in with Carbonite enabled.

I did a search of your site but may not have triggered the same issue so I don't know if others have reported this. I tried to make the title of this post explanetary, instead of using 'borked' or similar.

I have uploaded the most recent patch from a couple days ago, and I deleted the original folders and restarted with new folders from the download, no change.

Kinda irritating, but a bug as sometimes there is no indicator that the question mark is missing, so completed quests that require an update are falling off the list.

Are you aware, working on it, don't care. anything???

Best

Kyzzy

05-11-11, 11:21 AM   #2
fixitman333
A Fallenroot Satyr
There is no need to disable Carbonite for those quests. They can still be completed via the WoW quest log. It is still a pain to do so with my multiboxing team, but at least it is do-able.

05-11-11, 11:50 AM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's a general bug, not because of Carbonite.

It's a new flag introduced that is not perfectly worked out for some quests so they don't show they are completed -even when they really are.

05-11-11, 03:20 PM   #4
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by fixitman333 View Post
There is no need to disable Carbonite for those quests. They can still be completed via the WoW quest log. It is still a pain to do so with my multiboxing team, but at least it is do-able.
But while CARB IS active, I don't get the '?' Mark. But it does appear if I log out, disable carb and log in again. Weird, as while carb is 'on', the wow quest structure is overwritten or hidden.

Tell me how you see the wow quests list without disabling the carb screens, I could do with that . Ty.

05-11-11, 03:22 PM   #5
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
It's a general bug, not because of Carbonite.

It's a new flag introduced that is not perfectly worked out for some quests so they don't show they are completed -even when they really are.
Hmm, I understand that possibility, but so far, each time this has happens, logging out and dissing carb and enabling wow quest list has solved it. Well weird.

Lk

05-11-11, 03:40 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kyzzy View Post
Tell me how you see the wow quests list without disabling the carb screens, I could do with that . Ty.
Alt-L shows the default quest log while Carbonite is still loaded.
Alt-M does the same with the default map as well. (may be needed sometime later, never know)

No need to log out, disable, log in, complete quest, log out, enable, log back in.... thats way too many steps

05-11-11, 07:58 PM   #7
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is also, iirc, usually a dotted line or something where the ? is supposed to be, and sometimes, at least, you can click on that to complete the quest.

05-12-11, 04:54 AM   #8
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Alt-L shows the default quest log while Carbonite is still loaded.
Alt-M does the same with the default map as well. (may be needed sometime later, never know)

No need to log out, disable, log in, complete quest, log out, enable, log back in.... thats way too many steps
perfect, thanks Vis, will try that in future. It does however, rely on me realising there should be a question mark, but if I have missed it I will have no way of knowing, until that is, I realise, lol. Will try it tho, thank you.

Last edited by Kyzzy : 05-12-11 at 04:57 AM.

05-12-11, 04:56 AM   #9
Kyzzy
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
There is also, iirc, usually a dotted line or something where the ? is supposed to be, and sometimes, at least, you can click on that to complete the quest.
Yes, I tried the dotted line, and frustration set in trying to find the trigger point for the click, but at least it tells you there is a solution missing and I can try the alt-L thingy.
Many thanks for reminding me there

05-12-11, 10:47 AM   #10
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for posting regarding the missing ? from auto completing quests on the quest list, a friend and I both experienced this situation last night when we are grouped and starting the Vashjir area...

I came here to the Carbonite website specifically to search for a solution. I was not aware of the Alt L option... nor the Alt M options for showing WOW's original maps. I made a note of those 2 solutions for future reference.

Thanks so much for posting this work around!

I love Carbonite! it is such an asset to the game, I am lost without it.

Last edited by DHubert : 05-12-11 at 10:50 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Complete question mark not showing