10-09-12, 04:40 AM   #1
Araldwenn
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mining/Herbalism

I have an issue with carbonite and mining/herbalism in Pandaria. Carbonite doesn't show me any spot and doesn't remember the ones i've already mined. I'm playing on french client, carbonite v5.053.

Edit : finally, it seems that it doesn't work for Ghost Iron Ore, but works for Kyparite. So I think it may be a locale problem. Tried to search the different files if I could find where to update this, but didn't found it.

Last edited by Araldwenn : 10-09-12 at 05:36 AM.

10-09-12, 11:45 AM   #2
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Node data isn't updated yet

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44693

I'd suggest gatherer or gathermate until then

10-09-12, 12:02 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Araldwenn View Post
I have an issue with carbonite and mining/herbalism in Pandaria. Carbonite doesn't show me any spot and doesn't remember the ones i've already mined. I'm playing on french client, carbonite v5.053.

Edit : finally, it seems that it doesn't work for Ghost Iron Ore, but works for Kyparite. So I think it may be a locale problem. Tried to search the different files if I could find where to update this, but didn't found it.
It is localization, I used wowhead's translations to the 3 languages node gathering supports but don't know how accurate that is and couldn't test it since I only have english.

Node info is hard coded to only support english, french, german & spanish rather then localization.lua for every language.

10-09-12, 01:18 PM   #4
eqsanctum
The Great Equalizer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It is localization, I used wowhead's translations to the 3 languages node gathering supports but don't know how accurate that is and couldn't test it since I only have english.

Node info is hard coded to only support english, french, german & spanish rather then localization.lua for every language.
Is it possible to change the coding to use an outside database? Say gatherer or gathermate?

10-09-12, 02:04 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by eqsanctum View Post
Is it possible to change the coding to use an outside database? Say gatherer or gathermate?
probably, but that's definitely in the future since right now it's using bytecode and needs conversion.

10-09-12, 11:31 PM   #6
Araldwenn
A Murloc Raider
I can help with french locale if you want. Just tell me. But as far as I know, wowhead's translations for Ore and herbs are accurate, so, maybe the problem is somewhere else.

10-11-12, 04:47 AM   #7
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
node flashing disappeared

as of yesterdays update, my node flash for finding herbs, fish and ores has stopped workng. any suggestions to get this working again?

10-11-12, 04:54 AM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by DHubert View Post
as of yesterdays update, my node flash for finding herbs, fish and ores has stopped workng. any suggestions to get this working again?
From the changelog:

Changes: 5.051
First official release by Rythal

Node Glow is disabled, originally it's disabled because without the artwork, new points like pet tracking
were not displayed.

10-11-12, 05:06 AM   #9
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thank you for fast reply.

Is there a way to enable it again? I really rely on this to find nodes and now I cant see them.

10-11-12, 07:25 AM   #10
athina_livadi
A Murloc Raider
I would really appreciate if someone could bring back the glowing effect on the map as far as mining and herbalism is concerned. My hunter is a herbalist and I get confused because I can see all the mobs with yellow dots the same as the collective professions and it is not convenient at all!

10-11-12, 04:46 PM   #11
Kraal Jenkins
A Murloc Raider
Pour les francophones : explications en français à la fin de ce message

I found out why the mines gethering is not working with the french locale : the Ghost Iron Deposit (Gisement d’ectofer) has an accent in it, which is sent by the WoW client in UTF-8.

The file Carbonite.lua seems to be in ASCII.

I just converted from ASCII to UTF-8 without any other changes, and now Carbonite remembers the "Gisement d’ectofer" and "Riche gisement d’ectofer" nodes.

I have attached the converted version of Carbonite.lua for those who cannot/don't want to do the conversion.

This could will also work for the spanish and german clients, but I cannot be sure.

I hope this is helpful.

--

J'ai trouvé d'ou venait le soucis de mémorisation des gisements d'éctofer : l'accent dans le nom du minerai est envoyé en UTF8 par le client WoW, mais le fichier Carbonite.lua est en ASCII.

Il suffit de convertir de ASCII vers UTF-8 et Carbonite va se mettre à mémoriser les gisements.

J'ai attaché le fichier converti, pour ceux qui ne souhaite/peuvent pas faire la convertion.

Cela devrait aussi fonctionner pour les versions espagnoles et allemandes du client, mais je n'ai pas moyen de vérifier.

En espérant que cela soit utile !
Attached Files
File Type: lua Carbonite.lua (101.4 KB, 574 views)

10-13-12, 04:04 AM   #12
Araldwenn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kraal Jenkins View Post
Pour les francophones : explications en français à la fin de ce message

I found out why the mines gethering is not working with the french locale : the Ghost Iron Deposit (Gisement d’ectofer) has an accent in it, which is sent by the WoW client in UTF-8.

The file Carbonite.lua seems to be in ASCII.

I just converted from ASCII to UTF-8 without any other changes, and now Carbonite remembers the "Gisement d’ectofer" and "Riche gisement d’ectofer" nodes.

I have attached the converted version of Carbonite.lua for those who cannot/don't want to do the conversion.

This could will also work for the spanish and german clients, but I cannot be sure.

I hope this is helpful.

--

J'ai trouvé d'ou venait le soucis de mémorisation des gisements d'éctofer : l'accent dans le nom du minerai est envoyé en UTF8 par le client WoW, mais le fichier Carbonite.lua est en ASCII.

Il suffit de convertir de ASCII vers UTF-8 et Carbonite va se mettre à mémoriser les gisements.

J'ai attaché le fichier converti, pour ceux qui ne souhaite/peuvent pas faire la convertion.

Cela devrait aussi fonctionner pour les versions espagnoles et allemandes du client, mais je n'ai pas moyen de vérifier.

En espérant que cela soit utile !
So simple... and i didn't even thought about this... good job !

Si simple, et je n'y ai même pas pensé... Bien vu !

10-13-12, 02:44 PM   #13
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure where Rythal intends on getting his data (I suggested GatherMate2 & GatherMate2_Data since they are updated more often then their Gatherer equivalents), but if any users want to help out building databases, here's what you can do:

Uploading to WowHead:
Install the WowHead Client program, which installs an addon. Run the client either during gameplay, or manually upload after. You can move the program wherever you wish, as it has no Windows or Mac dependencies such as programming frameworks.

Uploading to WoWDB:
Use the Curse Client, click Get More Addons, install WoWDB_Profiler. The addon will work on Macs or Windows, but only the Windows version of the Client will upload data. The Client must be running during gameplay, but you can do this every few days rather than all the time if you wish.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Mining/Herbalism