03-06-13, 01:19 PM   #1
AZZKIKR
A Murloc Raider
FPS Decrease in 5.1.X. What can I do ?

Hallo,
first I`m german, so excause me my bad english^^

I had a Problem with Carbonite 5.1.x.
In this Versions decrease my FPS down to 18-21 FPS. Normally I had 60 FPS. I had deactivate all other Addons, and the Problem still be there. I had delete the cache and wtf folders. But the Problem is still there, too.
In Version 5.0591 is nothing, but the Game is going on and I can`t update Carbonite up to the new content.
Has anyone a idea whats going on or take an solution ?
Please help. I had Carbonite now until 4 years and can`t play without it^^
Greez AZZKIKR

03-07-13, 07:52 PM   #2
DHubert
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I also noticiced a significant decrease in my fps since the new update of WOW to add 5.2 content.

I don't feel it has anything to do with Carbonite. I believe the main issue is WOW its self. they have been resetting servers sometimes twice a day since 5,2 was released. This leads me to believe Blizzard is aware of the problem and they are working to correct it.

I completely disabled Carbonite and my FPS was not any better. Plus I noticed at times increased lag and freezing of the WOW game. I net it will improve as they find the source of the problem.

03-08-13, 06:06 AM   #3
AZZKIKR
A Murloc Raider
Hm... this is curious. The last Update of Carbonite (5.1.3) had solve my Problem.

03-08-13, 01:00 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DHubert View Post
I completely disabled Carbonite and my FPS was not any better.
I see a lot of posts where people try to troubleshoot FPS issues and they never mention updating their video card drivers and motherboard drivers.

Make sure your drivers are always up to date. Especially the video card drivers. The manufacturers of video cards normally release new drivers every month. Unless your video card is onboard, in which you're probably stuck with old drivers... your laptop will not be able to keep up with updated content.

Download the latest vid drivers, completely uninstall the current ones, reboot, install the new ones.

03-08-13, 06:45 PM   #5
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
You can configure the Launcher to detect your video card settings. When I launched for 5.2 it gave me the video settings warning to upgrade my drivers, which I have done.

03-09-13, 01:27 AM   #6
Zaghar
A Murloc Raider
The current version of the Add-on is causing an FPS decrease. I updated to the latest version and went to 10 FPS. I reverted back to the outdated version and went back up to 40-50. So there is a bug in Carbonite.

03-09-13, 03:11 AM   #7
AZZKIKR
A Murloc Raider
Hy. My Problem is still be there (Looks on top) (Carbonite 5.1.5). But now ONLY in Pandaria. In all other Continents is nothing. What is the difference in Pandaria to the other Lands ???
Greez AZZKIKR

Last edited by AZZKIKR : 03-09-13 at 03:15 AM.

03-09-13, 04:38 PM   #8
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
a) what locale are you playing in
b) are you using curse or wowmatrix to update carbonite

03-09-13, 09:03 PM   #9
Zaghar
A Murloc Raider
I was in Valley of the Four Winds. Specifically my farm.

I downloaded it directly from the WoWinterface page.

03-09-13, 09:23 PM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
what language do you play in tho?

03-09-13, 10:59 PM   #11
Zaghar
A Murloc Raider
Oh, English. :P

Like I said, the beta version works fine, minus the complete quest database.

03-19-13, 06:47 PM   #12
AZZKIKR
A Murloc Raider
So I play the German client with german language and i had update carbonite over curse AND i try the download from here with a clean reinstall. both are the same problem. i don`t understand this problem. it is ONLY at the continent pandaria. At all other continents is nothing. No fps decrease or something.

03-21-13, 07:27 PM   #13
Kreelor
A Firelord

Another consideration...

Here's just another consideration. I've noticed significant changes in FPS depending upon various things, like:

-- how far "out" or how far "in" have I zoomed the display (example: scrolling mouse wheel), and how much "activity" happens to be taking place on the display or else within the area I'm standing. Both make a difference to my FPS.

Attached are two small screenshots which I took inside the AH in SW City. The FPS are widely different between the two. The one on the left was captured with my char's back against the wall and zoomed out moderately with char looking out over the AH room. The one on the right was captured with my char facing the wall, with my zoom level way in close, so that only the wall was showing.

This may not have anything to do with the issue you reported, but it is something I notice often about rise/drops in FPS. Sometimes, it's not just one thing causing the problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fps_with_back_to_the_wall.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	7646  Click image for larger version

Name:	Fps_while_zoomed_in_and_facing_the_wall.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	7647  

03-22-13, 05:24 AM   #14
kelseir
A Murloc Raider
I am also having issue with FPS in very specific scenarios

I was in a dungeon when I noticed that whenever I used "water spirit" for mana during combat, my fps would instantly go to 4 fps and i would receive the error below from Swatter. This was consistent behavior. I am using Carbonite 5.1.6. The dungeon was a heroic Scholomance, if that helps.

I found the appropriate place to report this as a bug, but I thought the information might still be relevant to the issue AZZKIKR is having. You might want to check with Swatter for any bugs being reported and be very aware of the specific locations and actions during times of low FPS.

Date: 2013-03-21 21:51:34
ID: -1
Error occured in: AddOn: Carbonite
Count: ∞
Message: Note: AddOn Carbonite attempted to call a protected function (NxMapDock:SetHeight()) during combat lockdown.
NxMapDock:SetHeight()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
[C]: SetHeight()
Carbonite\NxUI.lua:2207: SetSize()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:10548: MinimapDetachFrms()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:2966: MinimapDetachFrms()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:2690: MinimapUpdate()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4861: Update()
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4114:
Carbonite\NxMap.lua:4038

Last edited by kelseir : 03-22-13 at 05:39 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » FPS Decrease in 5.1.X. What can I do ?