03-12-07, 01:38 AM   #1
qaarh
Sunshine BearTree
Please excuse the pun, but WoW..

I'll try to keep myself short in this post, I could probably write a lot. I'll give you a short background for starters. I've played WoW for the last two or so years, never really getting into raiding or high end PvP, I've always reached the top fourties, or early fifties before giving up and/or starting a new character. And I've taken long long breaks from the game too. However, I got myself together and returned back in time for the expansion. I thought heck, if I can play an ally shaman (squids in space!), or a horde paladin (bubbles!), it's worth a try.

Starting as normal, I checked on the interfaces cause I can't stand the original UI. My eyes fell on the standard set of UI addons. A unitframe addon, actionbars, information bar etc. I did some experimenting on my own. Kids, don't try that at home, you may break stuff horribly. I did. At any rate, one day I stumbled upon this compilation, and having heard positive words about it, I decided to give it a go.

Now, I'm not one who usually run compilations. I don't like others telling me what to use or not. But when I installed MazzleUI, and worked myself to my first Mazzlegasm, I so totally fell in love. The options are so perfectly presented, and even though there is an abundance of addons (that FuBar is so crowded, but that's how it should be!) it hardly uses any memory!

My addon directory's usually around 190+ folders (yes, I'm crazy) depending on how many characters I'm actively playing, and how many classes, and even though there are about as many on MazzleUI it uses half the memory I usually end up at.

I'm not one who usually play with one chat window, but I must say that the layout is really well done. It leaves a lot of screen estate, even when you are in groups. I have yet to do raiding with the interface, but the time will definitely come. Come to think of it, it feels like playing old Warcraft 2, with the panels on each side of the unit selection window.. Ok, a bit different from the game, but it gives me that feeling.

But of course, there are bad things too (hey, what's a review without some negative points?). There are some glitches with the hotspots, the six buttons arranged around the bottom border. I sometimes have to click just beside or above them to activate their functions.

Also, when I was dead, my 3d figure started flickering and moving in its little 3d window, but that was fixed by changing to static 3d models without animations based on events.

Other than that, I can't seem to find any problems with the compilation. Of course, most of these errors are probably addon related, and thus not in the hands of Mazzle.

All in all, I can greatly recommend this compilation. And trust me, there is no feeling like your first Mazzlegasm.

---
Qaarh of the Sha'tar EU Server
03-12-07, 07:31 AM   #2
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by qaarh

Also, when I was dead, my 3d figure started flickering and moving in its little 3d window, but that was fixed by changing to static 3d models without animations based on events.

Other than that, I can't seem to find any problems with the compilation. Of course, most of these errors are probably addon related, and thus not in the hands of Mazzle.
---
Are you playing a dwarf perchance? This flickering is one of the "known" bugs

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
03-12-07, 07:54 AM   #3
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Yeah, I actually kind of like the flickering, just think of it as a thing for saying, "Wow, you just died you crap-tastic bastard!" (lol dont take any offense to that comment as i'm not meaning anything bad by it, considering it would mean something for when i die too)

when i'm on my hunter i actually feel bad for my pet when it dies, cuz the contortion that those minipictures do looks like it hurts, anyways, i just think of them as some kind of death penalty
03-12-07, 11:19 AM   #4
qaarh
Sunshine BearTree
Hehe, no I don't play a dwarf.

Ever since the alliance got their spaceships and the shamans from the other world, I play Draenei :P
03-12-07, 11:31 AM   #5
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Hehe, no I don't play a dwarf.

Ever since the alliance got their spaceships and the shamans from the other world, I play Draenei :P
heh, that was the same with my mana hungry Blood Elf, all i play is the elves though so NE's or BE's all the way
03-13-07, 06:42 AM   #6
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

---
Actually, since MazzleUI is such as great interface, you're not supposed to ever die anymore. In fact, ever since I started beta testing MazzleUI (way back from 0.5b) none of my characters have ever died - not even once! Yes, it's true! So none of us beta testers have actually seen the twitching 3D models - ever. We don't know what you're saying and we can't replicate it coz that would mean having to die! In fact the closest I've ever been to dying is feign death on my hunter. In fact, I've even turned off items such as Cartographer CorpseWaypoint coz since I never die, it's just an overhead on my system.

^^ I hope you all realise that this is all a joke!
03-13-07, 08:26 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem is that the parameters of the doing certain animations can differ between models. Prior to BC it wasn't that big a deal. For the playable races models types, they all looked fine except the dwarf dying animation. I planned to put a special code for that case, but it's been a very low priority item. Am I to understand that the same thing also happens to either the blood elf or draeni model?

And you'll also notice that some animations are missing entirely from certain mobs. That's why enemies or pets will stutter or flicker in the target frame when they get hit. These mobs are either missing the flinch and hit animations or have them numbered in a different way. The WoW API doesn't provide a means to query these types of things and I don't think there's a database I can extract (I may be wrong on this), so there's no easy way around it without cataloging the properties of every model. That's something I've done once and will not do again.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Please excuse the pun, but WoW..