05-18-09, 02:51 AM   #1
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Enchanting - an easy and fast way to enchant multiple vellums

Forgive me if I've already posted this. My search-fu's been a bit off lately. I may of posted this already I might not (or might of posted this somewhere else).

I've stumbled onto a method where you make several scrolls of enchant X which does not involve you moving your mouse over the item and right clicking.

Ok here we go :

1) Install a decent trade skill mod that does queues . EG Skillet or Advanced Trade Skill Window.

2) Make sure you have all the mats in your bags.

3) Make the following macro :

/use <name of armor or weapon vellum>

In this step it's easiest to shift-click the vellum from your bags

4) Drag this to a free action bar slot.

5) Assign said action bar slot a key binding you (eg F14)

6) Queue some scrolls to enchant.

7) When your cursor has the outline around it click the key binding for the macro you made above

For example lets make 20 Scrolls of Enchant Chest - Super Dancing

Mats for this completely fictious enchant are : 5 Infinite Dust , 3 Banana Bunchs.

Ok mats would be 100 infinite dust , 60 banana bunchs. (NB the shopping list feature/mats required feature of both mods is invaluable here)

It uses an Armor Vellum III so you'll need 20 of those.

So to apply my method above this is what I'ld do :

1) Check mats
2) Open up enchanting window
3) Queue up 20 Enchant Chest - Super Dancing
4) Click Create
5) Whenever your cursor has the little white line click your key binding for the macro you made above (F14)
6) Wait for the little crafting cast bar to finish
7) Go back to step 5
8) Repeat until all scrolls are made

Note this method could probably be used to level your Enchanting as well , just as long as you have a willing toon with Inscription to pass you Vellums.

I've found this method is a lot faster then having to highlight something and click - the vellum's going to be the same through everyone of the enchants.

Hope you guys find this usefull.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-25-11, 09:56 PM   #2
Verttex
Super Monkey

Super Dancing sounds awesome. What does it do?

Thanks a lot!
06-25-11, 11:59 PM   #3
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...antScroll.html
04-01-12, 03:04 AM   #4
Sh3phrd
A Kobold Labourer
wow, I know this is a 3 yr old thread, but you actually made a macro that is just the item itself.
You can just drag the enchanting vellum to the action bar without a macro. Much like you don't need a macro to use a potion. The default action is use.
04-01-12, 03:15 AM   #5
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Hmm. This was 3 years ago Sh3phrd.

So what might work _now_ with the current patch might not of worked with the patch we had then.

Besides using keybindings means you don't have to close the enchanting window for your trade skill addon to go click a macro button. I do believe I found in my testing at the time most of the tradeskill addons that were out there at the time didn't allow you to click a macro button in the middle of a tradeskill queue.

/shrug
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » Enchanting - an easy and fast way to enchant multiple vellums