06-29-05, 02:02 AM   #1
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Movement mods will not work as of next patch.

Yep its official

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...p=1#post169829

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
06-29-05, 02:52 AM   #2
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Good. Now they need to get rid of the "see all target info" type mods.
06-29-05, 07:12 AM   #3
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
This is my stance on it:
I would like to say that I'm going to be sorry to see mods like Autotravel go.

Nothing is more agrivating than having to run huge zones like wetlands or duskwood dozens of times back and forth when questing.

When using the autotravel mod I'm able to do this and it not be a hassel. Before I found autotravel I had alot more handcramps got severally annoyed at running back and forth and it severaly limited my ability to enjoy the game.

There are disadvantages to using autotravel, if you get jumped when using autotravel you can almost count on the fact that your dead.

Also you're more than likely to miss the herbs and mining along the path your running.

The other moment that I enjoyed using this mod was to help me navigate places like stormwind, I used to get severally pissed off when I would make an accidental turn into the wrong part of SW.

I'm not saying that this type of functionality can not be abused, but for the purpose of making the game less stressful and more entertaining, well that makes the game better in my opinion, not a horrific "counter to the spirit of the game" for a game should be stressfree and fun. or else it ceases to be a pure game.
For me it took the tidium out of the game. I'll have to say that unless they find another way to take that tidium out, my life span in playing and enjoying wow will be lessened, and when thats lessened so are the lifespan of my mods.

Target info crap is inconsequental, while its nice to know what level a mob is its not a detriment to my playing experaiance if I don't know. It causes me know physical discomfort nor does it make me agrivated, I'm just like, "oh crap, run!" The loss of mods like AutoTravel are going to make things more agrivating simply for the fact that I'll get more frustrated and I'll have more handcramps, I use a keyboard alot and movement can get wearing on my hands.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
06-29-05, 11:34 AM   #4
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

My take on it is just the opposite of yours. I am in agreement with blizzard. One form of automation leads to another, leads to anther etc... I've played too many games where automation went unchecked resulting in uncontrolled botting to such an extent that the game(s) was totally compromised. The game is extremely well thought out and so was the travel system, there's no need for these automation mods.
06-29-05, 12:18 PM   #5
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
WoW has a bunch of firsts for me. First RPG game. First on-line game. First time mod'ing a game.

Why are bots bad?

The programmer geek in me wishes there were a bot-friendly server that I could experiment with. I think it would be really cool to "solo" with a group of my own bots. The NPCs are so horribly boring in WoW. Wouldn't it be fun to make some with personalities?
06-29-05, 12:22 PM   #6
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

Why are bots bad?

AFK Farming, AFK Gameplay just to name two.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Movement mods will not work as of next patch.