Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-26-06, 09:14 PM   #1
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Another New Nightly Build Up

Hi guys,

I have uploaded another new nightly build (http://wowuides.wowinterface.com/nb/...v1.0.300.2.msi) that has the following changes:
1.0.300.2: Beta Release 8
+ Added a help window that links directly to WoWWiki. Press F1 on a known function and it will bring up the wiki for that function.
* Reintroduced tooltips for known functions within the editor. Hovering the mouse over the function name will bring up a short summary.
* Updated highlighting definitions for new 1.10 functions.
* Updated apidoc definitions for new 1.10 functions (still very incomplete).
* Filled in more functionality in the Project Explorer, most of the context menus will work now.
+ Added code folding for block comments.
+ Added special region tokens for folding arbrarily defined regions of a file, use --#region [Description] to start, --#endregion to end (note: no space between -- & #)
The main reason for this release is to try and get some help with API documentation. I have several XML files in the \api directory that define some functions in the base Lua and WoW API libraries. These files are used for the tooltip display and the help lookup (WoWWiki defines widget functions as API_{FrameType}_{FunctionName}, to get the available FrameTypes for a given FunctionName, I look it up in the documentation files). The problem is that I just don't have the time to write even the most basic documentation for all the widget functions so that they all have FrameTypes listed, so help does not work for all of them (just LayoutFrame and Frame functions are complete).

You can probably see where this is going... I need help to fill out the wowwidget.xml file! There is a apidoc.xsd file in the installation directory that provides the schema for the file, and wowwiki provides most of the information. The ideal solution would be to write a small app that automatically created the file from looking up the wiki so documentation could be updated as the wiki is, or you could do it by hand like I started to /yawn.

If anyone has the time to update the apidoc files then post here so people know what is being done and it isn't doubled up. You can email the results to me at [email protected] , or post them here.

Thanks
Nulk

Last edited by Nulkris : 03-26-06 at 11:38 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Another New Nightly Build Up