07-21-14, 08:22 PM   #1
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Can't move mini-map

One problem with the Carbonite minimap is that only the top side of the square can be clicked on to move (as opposed to resize) the map. However, the top of my minimap has moved off the top of my screen. How can I relocate the minimap without the 'drag and drop' ability tht comes with the top edge of the map?

07-21-14, 10:19 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try "/carb resetwin" (without the quotes). That should reset all of Carbonites windows to default.

By the way, what version are you using?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-22-14 at 10:53 AM.

07-22-14, 09:16 PM   #3
Nisou
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Try "/carb resetwin" (without the quotes). That should reset all of Carbonites windows to default.

By the way, what version are you using?
Thanks Jeffy...I'll give this a try, although I'm loathe to reset anything as it took me so long to set things the way I want them (it' not intuitive...)

I should be using the most recent version as I check for updates here regularly.

07-23-14, 05:43 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, but which version are you using? Carbonite or Carbonite BETA. The Beta version is much more stable, and they are on different download pages.

The slash command will only reset Carbonite on the character it is used on.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 07-23-14 at 05:48 AM.

07-23-14, 11:52 AM   #5
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Nisou View Post
Thanks Jeffy...I'll give this a try, although I'm loathe to reset anything as it took me so long to set things the way I want them (it' not intuitive...)

I should be using the most recent version as I check for updates here regularly.
Nisou, reconfiguring carbonite to user-preferences per category screen is definitely not intuitive. I've gone through that hassle.

(1)
Now, I have screenshots of each individual section (and there are many). They include my choices for transparency settings, poi icon sizes, various other scaling parameters, etc. In other words everything, since there is no other way. The default Blizzard and Carbonite settings are just too unworkable for me. My screen rez is 1920 x 1080 on a 23" wide-screen monitor. Things were way too small. I modified the UI scale so that Blizzard's Mini-map was no longer the size of Nickle or Quarter coin, but is now larger so I can actual see it.

After setting parameters the way I liked them, I cropped each of my images down in scale and saved them as as separate jpg's to make the important text and data larger (easier to read) than it was on the full screenshots.

(2)
I used to have the problem with the map and the quest log getting hung almost completely outside the viewing area. Someone gave me the idea (which worked) to rescale the UI Scale setting which allowed me to access the top "handle" portion of the objects so that I could drag them to new locations. Don't forget to write down the UI Scale setting BEFORE you change it (if you choose to use this method.). It'll make life easier for you when you reset it.

07-25-14, 01:57 AM   #6
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post

(1)
Now, I have screenshots of each individual section (and there are many). They include my choices for transparency settings, poi icon sizes, various other scaling parameters, etc. In other words everything, since there is no other way. The default Blizzard and Carbonite settings are just too unworkable for me. My screen rez is 1920 x 1080 on a 23" wide-screen monitor. Things were way too small. I modified the UI scale so that Blizzard's Mini-map was no longer the size of Nickle or Quarter coin, but is now larger so I can actual see it.

After setting parameters the way I liked them, I cropped each of my images down in scale and saved them as as separate jpg's to make the important text and data larger (easier to read) than it was on the full screenshots.

(2)
I used to have the problem with the map and the quest log getting hung almost completely outside the viewing area. Someone gave me the idea (which worked) to rescale the UI Scale setting which allowed me to access the top "handle" portion of the objects so that I could drag them to new locations. Don't forget to write down the UI Scale setting BEFORE you change it (if you choose to use this method.). It'll make life easier for you when you reset it.
This is an awesome suggestion.
I have similar problems with the Blizz settings on a 23" Monitor & have had to play with the UI scale to retrieve lost windows.
Also, I keep my Windows taskbar visible & at the top of my screen rather than the bottom
That can have an entire set of issues all on it's own. Many programs large and small have settings that pin windows along the top edge, or in a top corner & because they are pinned to the edge the minimize & close buttons as well as any Menu Bars are often stuck underneath the Taskbar. Once in awhile even Wow gets stuck under the top edge...
My Grandspawn, (4yo) who manages to replicate randomly rolled monster encounters, managed to lose most of my Carbonite windows under my Blizzard minimap & then a few days later the entire game window shrunk down to a few inches & all but the bottom edge dragged up off of the top of the screen a few months ago... lol I start counting backwards from 8000 or so, often, I usually don't need more than 15 of that but I figure I might need that much of a cooldown countdown someday...

All of my Action Bar Icons got corrupted & I lost the Icon Pics as well as the mouse-over tooltips during the Maintenance this week.
My darling Grandaughter had "borrowed" my Notebook that I had all of my Buttons & Rotations noted for over 40 characters. I was evidently napping when I answered her request for paper & didn't think to tell her to use the one without writing in it... She built Cottages for Moths she was intently capturing.
I did NOT think to take screenshots But I do have all of my Carbonite Settings in a Text Doc lol

07-26-14, 09:15 AM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Catitude View Post
......... I did NOT think to take screenshots But I do have all of my Carbonite Settings in a Text Doc lol
Catitude, your life with all the young ones sounds very busy and interesting. Your success in it is probably due to your patience and great sense of humor.

What I like about using the <Print Screen> method is that it's instant, graphical, and is date/time stamped, and saved in a specific folder, automatically. I would not have the patience to write everything down as text, let alone try to update that text. ha ha. Besides, trying to find which page, section, and option-heading amongst the hundreds available, would frustrate me. Taking a new snapshot (while I'm still in the game!) is ideal for me. I'm getting too old to do it any other way. (grin).
~~ Good luck with the kids and restoring your settings. Thanks for your reply.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Can't move mini-map