06-29-18, 09:27 AM   #1
maqjav
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Issue showing texture on string

Hello.

I have a list of items and I'm trying to show their icons on a tooltip using LibQ-Tip.

For every item I get its information calling GetItemInfo(itemID), and with the texture received I add a new cell to my tooltip:

Code:
tooltip:SetCell(line, i, "|T"..iconFileDataID..":24|t", nil, "CENTER", 1, nil, nil, nil, nil, 24)
All the icons will be rendered except the last one (or 2). I guess it's a timing issue, perhaps the string is rendered before the icon is fetched or something like that?

SOLUTION:
Found the problem, my index was overriding the last position with an empty space, that's why the icon was being lost.
I cannot delete this post, so please, someone with privileges do it

Thanks!

Last edited by maqjav : 06-29-18 at 11:25 AM.
06-29-18, 09:52 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This post probably won't get deleted. It's informative, and that's why. Someone else might have the same (or similar) problem, and come here (to this site) looking for a solution.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
06-30-18, 03:38 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
But I will move it to the right forum.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Issue showing texture on string